WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to add Wemo to Google Home?

After my initial problems setting up my Wemo starter kit I finally managed to get it all going. No idea how I did it, but I did it. Now I'm encountering my next issue though.

I'd like to connect my Wemo to my two Google Homes. After all that is what I originally bought it for. After the "Ready to Verify" screen I have to enter my home network and the MAC address of my Wemo Link which I do, but it won't work. After doing it twice Wemo shuts Google Assistant access down for security reasons.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How to add Wemo to Google Home?

As far as I know the lights aren't supporters yet by Google Home. It's only possible to add other devices like the switch (I think).

On my phone and to lazy to bother to find the webpage, but it's out there

And Yes it's retarded...
Expert

@CrimsonPirate

Currently, it only works with the Wemo Switch, Wemo Switch Mini, Insight Switch, and Light Switch. Refer to this link here

Chiqui-17359

WEMO Technical Support 

Are there plans to make Google home compatible with the WeMo link and bulbs?

When will the WeMo link be compatible with Google home?
WEMO Maker Inventor

It's my understanding the wemo link is dead and no further feature development will take place.

My app (AutomationManager) supports the wemo link bulbs with Google Home or Echo (you need to add WemoLEDs as well to control brightness, sleep or wakeup fading, colors, etc).

I keep getting the same network error when I try to add my wemo insight plug. Keep inputting MAC address and network and it now says it has locked me out!!!! Wasted hours on trying to get wemo to work with google home.