WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to disable threshold standby mode?

I'm using wemo with a little refrigerator.

Is there any way to disable threshold standby mode?
When my refrigerator is working and automatically turn the compressors off the power go down 1w, so than mean set the power threshold to 2w, don't work.

The only way to get this work is disabling that mode.
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: How to disable threshold standby mode?

You don't need to disable standby mode, it has no effect on the output of the insight.  It simply tells you whether the insight is passing more or less power than set in the threshold.

BUT, you may not want to use a wemo with anything where it's critical to keep on (like a fridge or freezer or router) as the default state after a power outage is off.  A workaround is to use some sort of automation to check and fix it if it's in the off state.  IFTTT might work, but depends on your internet and wifi connection coming back up after the outage as well.

The reasin why i brought this device was to measure and control that small refrigerator. All time I need to turning on manually because after your device turned it off don't turn on again. What you tell me is that I lost my money, and i should have bought tplink.
WEMO Maker Inventor

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "your device", nor "turned it off don't turn on again".

If you're still asking about standby mode, power is still flowing in standby mode - the switch is still active in standby, and if the compressor starts up again the insight will report it's out of standby and continue to pass and measure current.

If it's turning OFF (rather than going into, staying, or leaving standby to show ON) there's something else wrong with your cicruit - perhaps a bad ground?

I have a good ground in my house actually I have other smart device ( TPlink, Energy, Alexa) and all are working well. After a few hours working on, the wemo shut off without my doing anything. I used my cell phone and at than point Wemo app listed the device aso off, so turn it back on, and it shut off a few hours later again. I don't have any rules set yet. I bought the wemo Las week and initially I just want to know the actual power consumption before , them make some rules and compare.
WEMO Maker Inventor

As I said, this has nothing to do with "standby" mode.  It's either bad wiring at that socket, power loss to the home, a defective wemo, interference from the belkin cloud, unexpected rule actions, or changes from the app.  If you're certain it's not your wiring you should return the insight and/or talk to belkin directly.

Thanks Mike. Your information helped me with a similar question, even if it didn't help OP.