WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

I can't find how to enter a new posting so I'm replying to a moderator's posting.

Have been struggling of days to get my WeMo light switch to work again.

I've followed all the steps outlined in this board and now my WEMO Light Switch is blinking green and orange. 

WeMo.Light 5A shows up in my wifi listing. 

I select WeMo Light 55A and it says "Connected, no Internet".  Green and orange lights are still alternating.

Opened the WEMO app which says "Connected to WeMo.Light.55A" then

"Sorry....

Connection to WeMo Failed 

Open Android Settings

Tap Wi-Fi

Select your home Network

Re-lanch WeMo App."

Followed these instructions, connected to my home Network.  Green and orange lights are still alternating.  '

Then re-launched WeMo App which showed it connected to my home Network.  Then took me to the WeMo Light Switch which it says "Not Detected."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the WeMo app several times.

Very frustrating for the 76-year old, senior on crutches.

What should I do?

Hi, ivansocher. Alternating green and orange means the Light Switch is in setup mode. Make sure that you're using the latest Wemo App version then try to setup the Switch using a different handheld device and see if it'll let you. 

Rosalyn - 21986
Wemo Technical Support

I have a similar issue. All attempts to reset light switch after router change have failed. Same thing happens after firmware upgrades. I am using Android v 7 and WiFi signal strength at switch is -52db. WEMO Android app v 1.19. Pressing restart gets to green light flashing, then amber. Pressing reset for 5, 10, 12, 30 or 60 sec. has no effect. Switch never gets to the green/amber flash of broadcast.  Phone WiFi settings never shows WEMO as it is not broadcasting. Same has happened in the past mostly when power fails.

The link you posted appears to be for iPhone app since the "edit" feature on Android only changes name of device, not re-connect. I think I have the latest firmware. Can I do a FW upgrade without connection? Can the device be "stepped back" to a working version?

[ Edited ]

@NoFace

Got all that noted. Unfortunately, we still don't have the option to reflash the unit back to its previous firmware, and should be connected to the network. Also, here's the link on how to reset the unit using the Android device. If still doing the same thing after the procedure, we'd like our 2nd Level Support is looking into this. Please shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have them assist you further.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

I did not read past the first page but this is outdated, sorry I did not read it all but I found this that will 100% fix this problem at this link from WEMO's site and hope it helps! http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183

I wish I could make this post pin to the top but it works like a champ!

I did not read past the first page but this is outdated, sorry I did not read it all but I found this that will 100% fix this problem at this link from WEMO's site and hope it helps! http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183

I wish I could make this post pin to the top but it works like a champ!

Highlighted

I just went through this whole process after switching over to a new internet provider. Here are some key points:

1. I highly recommend you keep both old and new WiFi operational until you get everything switched over.

2. I had to uninstall the WEMO app on my android phone after every restart and reset of each switch. Otherwise, my phone WEMO app would not find the device.

3. Pay close attention to the back and forth between phone connections and the different wifi’s.

In order:  Open WEMO app on phone and be connected to the new network.

Push Restart button on switch for 1 sec.

When amber light flashes, push reset switch for 10 secs and watch for lights to alternate between green and amber.    

Switch android phone WiFi to WEMO switch (different numbers/nomenclature should show up as wifi options)

Once connected, on that switch’s network, go to WEMO app on phone, search for devices.

Hopefully it finds the new switch. Click “Next” on WEMO app.

It will then look for the other network. Watch closely for the one it Lands on.

Then switch phone back to your new WiFi network.

Then go back to WEMO app and see if it discovers the new switch. If it doesn’t, uninstall and reinstall WEMO app.

if you use Alexa echo’s to operate your WEMO switches, now open Alexa on iPad or whatever and open WEMO skill.

I have the exact problem.  It is truly frustrating!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi, judithdagostino. Mind sharing with us the challenges you have in resetting the Wemo Light Switch?

You may also double-check the reset guide found here. Hope this helps.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Reset Light Switches + Neighbors?

[ Edited ]

It took me most of yesterday to reconnect two switches after replacing on old router.  The newest update seemed to take hours, but finally loaded.  To my surprise, I have my 2 light switches plus four other items that I don't recognize on my Android Wemo app.  I don't know who the 2 switches and 2 motion cameras belong to, but I would love to get them off of my phone.  I am sure I would freak this person out if I started turning their lights on and off.  I would be!  I would start all over and may still have to, but I worked so hard to get mine to work that I am unwilling to do that unless I must.  Anyone else have this problem?

Footnote:  I live in the country and my neighbors are pretty far away. The motion cameras are listed as:  Barn Hall and chk house.  The light switches are listed as:  FRT PORCH BARN and BARN HALL.  I don't know of anyone with a barn other than us for a quarter mile!