WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Reset Light Switches + Neighbors?

@agran750mira

Did you try disabling and re-enabling your Remote Access or uninstall and re-install the WEMO App on your phone? If they still appear on the list, please send us an email along with the following:

-Phone Number
-Community Username
-Link to this post
-MAC Address of one active Wemo device
-The names of the devices that you wanted removed

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support
WEMO Maker Inventor

@agran750mira wrote:

Footnote:  I live in the country and my neighbors are pretty far away. The motion cameras are listed as:  Barn Hall and chk house.  The light switches are listed as:  FRT PORCH BARN and BARN HALL.  I don't know of anyone with a barn other than us for a quarter mile!

It could be someone anywhere in the world.  Belkin has serious security bugs in their cloud that allows wemos to leak between user accounts (which they can't seem to fix and will not publicly admit).  Best you get in touch with them directly and immediately; if you're able to see other devices, it's quite possible others can see and control yours.

Ironically, while belkin can't figure out how to allow a single user to have wemos in more than one location, they can't seem to figure how out to prevent a user having someone else's devices in other locations!

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Hello,
I have a Wemo light switch and recently got new internet and a new router. I’ve tried all the suggestions on this form to no avail. The wemo light switch will not show up in my wifi. I’m loved my wemo light switch up until this problem!! Pls help!!

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

@iceroaddude

Hi there! What is the LED status of the unit when attempt to connect it on the new Wi-Fi settings? Try to follow the steps found in this link to further isolate the setback: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8010...

You can also try to use another handheld device on the set up, reset/restore it once again, and reconfigure. If issue recurs, let's have our Escalation Engineers check the settings so we can get this issue sorted out. Reach out to us at WemoCares@belkin.com with your complete contact details (Full name, Phone number, and Location - City/State), Community Username, and the link to this post for our reference.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

I have uninstalled the app twice and when I reinstall, all of the previous Wemo devices show back up including mine.  I have pretty much quit using Wemo, but sometimes others turn "my" lights on and off.  I used to use IFTTT to turn them on and off, but don't do that anymore, although I wish I could.

Thank you so much for fixing our account.  The other Wemo items are finally gone.  I'll bet the other account is glad to have our light switches off of their app, too.  Much appreciated...

Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

That's good news. 

It's bad enough there's hackers constantly working hard to break into our IoT devices, to actually have this as a built in bug in belkin's service is truly horrifying.  I wish belkin would treat this huge security exposure with the urgency that it demands.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo