WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to reset Wemo Light Switch

[ Edited ]

I just replaced my router and am trying to figure out how to reset the Wemo Light Switch to be able to run set up again with the new wifi. Instructions are posted by Belkin here:

Restarting or resetting the WeMo Light Switch manually

The question that I have is whether the the restart and reset switches are two independent switches or a single rocker switch. Can both switches be depressed simultaneously or can they only be used independently?  The instructions are unclear on whether you press the restart button, and then release, and then press the reset button or if you should press the restart button and press the reset button at the same time.  I've tried resetting my switch several times using both methods but it just seems to reboot and does not broadcast it's own wifi setup network.

Please help!!!  Thanks!

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Press the Restart button first and release. That will allow your WeMo Light Swtich to reboot. Then, press and hold the Reset button for 5 seconds to restore the factory defaults. After the Reset, all the settings saved on the WeMo Light Switch will be erased. Both buttons have their own functions and are used independently.

I agree that Belkin's instructions need improvement.  I've been frustrated previously with what seemed like random luck in reseting a switch.  I just successfully reset a switch and I think timing is important.

1) Press and release the restart switch.

2) Wait for the switch to boot and reach a flashing amber wifi symbol

3) Press and hold the reset switch for 5 seconds and release

When I did that the switch finally started to broadcast a wifi signal and I was able to connect to it.

I have to agree. The LED lights are indicators and flashing Amber means that the Light Switch is rebooting.

My Belkin light switch was working perfectly. Recently I changed my internet service provider and the router / SSID has been changed. Since then my switch stopped working, all the time the amber wifi light is blinking. I have done all the procedures explained here to reset/restart the switch but nothing works. Any help please? Thanks

WEMO Maker Inventor

There are two buttons under the switch. I've also had good luck with the restart then reset routine.

1. push restart button

2. wait for amber flash

3. push reset button

4. wait at least 1 minute, maybe 2

5. look for WEMO_ network with your setup device (iPhone/iPad Android).

6. connect and open WEMO app

Good luck.

-G

Thanks for your reply. But I have tried no luck. I was pressing restart and release, then press and holding restart for 2 minutes. NO luck.

Yes I got the trick, if you have the faceplate (Cover) remove it and do this process, it will work. Thanks

This worked. Reset, FW upgrade, working. Thank you.

I have tried all of these suggestions but nothing seems to work ever since I changed the name of my router.  My 4 light switches all blink amber.  I have tried to reset them, taken off the wall plate, everything but just cannot get my iPhone to see the Wemo wifi.