WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Try this WeMo Reconnect on SSID Change or Reset

Smiley Wink Please remember to Kudo those that help you.

Belkin
Communities Technical Support

It may be a function of age and failing vision (although I can see pretty much most things), but it was near impossible to figure out where the restart and reset buttons are on the Wemo Light Switch. It would be extremely useful if Belkin could post a picture of the Light Switch with 2 arrows pointing to these buttons. till then, they are located on the lower perimeter of the switch on the recessed aspect. They are extremely inconspicuous. Hope someone finds this useful.

ifxhrtz wrote:

Hope someone finds this useful.

I did.  I have installed two of these switches and never noticed those there until you mentioned it.

I got new internet service and I was having a problem reconnecting my Wemo light switch. I ended up deleting the Wemo app and then reinstalling the app.  It connected right away to my wifi. Hope this info might help someone else.

Thank you soooo much.  There is no way in the world I would have found those switches.  Thank you ,,Thnk you Thank you and shame on Belkin for not including an illustration on the support page.

I've found the two hidden switches.  Which one is the reset?  Left or Right?  

There you go, arkadashSmiley Wink

WEMOLightSwitch.JPG

I didn't change providers or router. I simply updated the firmware. The past 4 times I've updated the firmware, I've had to do a hard reset. And every time it takes more than 3 days for it to show up. Not 2 minutes. The past two times I've opened a ticket but they sent the same instructions that are in this forum which I've followed to the letter. Never shows up on any of my device lists.

The last time it happened I replied to tech support's auto-response saying that I planned to return it to Best Buy since I was getting nowhere with tech support. Mysteriously the switch appeared on my app again (after I had removed it) and it was working.

I'm so over this piece of junk. Just sharing my experience in case any others out there are having the same experience.
Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi coolcole,

We're sad to learn about what happened. We'd like to double check your case so we can further assist. Kindly email us at WEMOCares@belkin.com and include your contact details (name, phone number, email address and location) as well as your community username.

Regards,

Chiqui_17359
WEMO Technical Support

Been seriously struggling with this exact problems for several weeks ...  Ttried stuff...  gave up for a week or two... tried again..  went away on vacation without a fix - which is of course why i have these switches..  tried again when I got back....  nope.

About ready to go buy something different, when one of the posts above said to try pulling off the face cover.    That actually worked, but mostly because the reset switch was able to be pushed in deeper....     So the 2nd and 3rd light switches I got a screwdriver, and pushed fairly firmly on the reset switch for about 10-12 seconds, the indicator light flipped.. and about 30 seconds later I could connect to the switch to reset things.

What a pita.

I actually changed our SSID / password from the default modem switch settings since I never wanted to deal with the Wemo switch headaches again.    Changing that ssid has been on my list for quite some time, but Wemo has the dubious honor of making me change things.