WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Alright. I have had a very difficult time with resets and finally got a hold of Belkin. The tech said there are two versions of the light switch. One works on the 5 seconds restart and 5 seconds reset, and if that doesn't work, them try this:

1. Press restart for 1 second and wait for the flashing Amber light.

2. Press and hold reset for ~10 seconds.

this procedure worked 100% for my two light switches that wouldn't reset.  Hope this helps!

Ed

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue open and being looked into where the reset procedure for the lightswitch was somehow changed and isn't behaving as it was before.

The article here:  http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183 is for the reset procedure and I'm just waiting for it to be updated to how it is behaving currently until we are able to get to the bottom of the problem.

The current behavior is as follows:

Manual Reset:

1. Press Restart button (right button) for 1 second and then release.  This will cause the light switch to reboot.
  2. Wait 30-45 seconds for the status LED to begin blinking amber and then press and hold the Reset button (left button) in for 5-10 seconds.  The status LED will begin to flash rapidly.
  3. Release the reset button and wait ~90 seconds for the light switch to reboot and restore.  It will begin to blink amber/green when ready to be set up.

You can also reset the light switch with the App by tapping on edit and then reset options.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

I can confirm that the steps outlined by Ed are a direct path to successfully reconnecting the Wemo light switch to the network.

Thanks Ed!

Does anyone think it's insane that because I replaced my Wifi router I have to reset every single switch and outlet. I have 27 in my home. Have been at this for three hours. Ridiculous have to factory reset each one and run setup on each one. Unreal. Poorly designed.

Expert

Hi Oceanguyjamie. We understand how you feel. If the wireless settings of the new router is the same as the old one, there's no need to perform a factory reset. It should be able to connect right away.

My light switch is blinking orange/Amber but it's connected to wifi and working off the semi app.
Any clues?

Ac921ol wrote:
My light switch is blinking orange/Amber but it's connected to wifi and working off the semi app.
Any clues?

Have you tried rebooting the WEMO device? When did it start doing that?

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I also switched routers and now cannot connect to two switches.

I've followed all of the previous instructions, but can't get the switch status led to start flashing.

Uninstall/reinstall app, remove faceplate, restart, reset for all the variously suggested times, no luck. I get the amber blinking wifi light, but no blinkng status led or available connection.

I have managed to add in three bulbs successfully.

Community Manager

With the 9896 firmware update the reset was put back to normal.

Light Switch Manual Reset Procedure:

First make sure the light switch has power to it.

1. Press the Restart button (large button right side) for 1 second and then release.  This will reboot the light switch.
  2. Press the Reset button (smaller button left side) for 5 clock seconds and release when the light switch status LED begins blinking amber rapidly.
  3. Allow 45-90 seconds for WEMO to restore and reboot.  
  4. When the stats LED begins alternating between blinking amber and green it is ready to be set up again.

The support article for this will be updated shortly to show the corrected manual reset procedure.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support