WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Robert,

I believe I've followed these steps, but can't get the status led to blink.

After pressing the Restart button, do I wait until the wifi starts blinking amber on the switch before pressing the Reset button? This is the process I've been trying.

Thanks, James

Community Manager

It depends on if you have the pre 9896 firmware or the current 9896 firmware.

You press the Restart button and hold it for 1 second and then release.  The Light Switch will begin resetting.

Pre-9896 firmware:

Wait 45 seconds or so while it is blinking green.  The status LED will begin blinking amber.  Once it is blinking amber press and hold the restart button for 5 seconds.  It will begin to blink amber rapidly.  At this point let go of the reset button and it will do its reset procedure.

current 9896 firmware

As soon as you release the button you will see the lightswitch flash green.  When it begins flashing green hold down the reset button for 5 seconds.  It will begin to blink amber rapidly.  At this point let go of the reset button and it will do its reset procedure.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Thanks Robert!

Good to know about the reset change. The 9896 reset option should make factory resets far easier.

Its crazy.. me too and I still have not be able to reset any wall switches.

Expert

Hi reefseeker. Can you provide us more details of this matter? What happened before the switch stopped to work? We would suggest that you send your response via email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details and the link to this thread. 

I recently changed my router too and all of my wemo switch will not broadcast its wifi. I tried all the steps over and over again and nothing seems to work. Please help me.

@yoorman0407
We'll have our 2nd level support team check your issue. Please send us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Also include the following in the email:

• Location (State/Country)
  • Community Username
  • The link to this thread
  • WEMO app version
  • WEMO firmware version
Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Like most on this thread... Switched routers, new network... Uninstalled the WeMo App on Android. Was able to get the Switch to reset and get into alt blinking green/amber of the WiFi Symbol. Reinstalled the App and was able to connect to the switch netwrok and then my new wifi network, no problems. Run up the App and able to configure, setup a Rule, turn on/off.

Problems:

1. Amber WiFi LED blinks for about 2 mins
  2. Turns solid Green for 30 sec
  3. Turns Off for about 10 sec
  4. Goto to Step 1

Worst part: Switch does not follow the setup Rule (Dusk to Dawn, in my case)

Please help :-|

Expert

Hi Photar. We want to take a closer look into the challenge you have
encountered and work on a resolution. Please send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with the following details:

* Contact information (full name, phone number and location)
* WEMO Light Switch firmware version
* WEMO app version
* OS version of the handheld device

[ Edited ]

I have been scouring tis thread and similar ones trying to get my switch working again.  As with others, I changed my network switch (added firewall router and made the wifi router a wifi AP) and the WEMO needs to be reset.

I tried numerous combinations until I finally got the WEMO light network to show up again.  I immediately connect, launch the app on my Android device, and start the connection process.  It tells me to keep waiting and eventually drops the connection and goes dark.

Here's what the lights looked like through the process:

1) Restart - blinking green

2) Blinking amber and green alternately - WEMO Light network shows up

3) Launch WEMO App

4) Click proceed

5) App keeps attempting connection over 3G (I assume back to my network)

6) Connection fails - light goes out on switch (only night light is on)

edit: after reconnecting to my wifi network and relaunchign the app, the WEMO switch is there (even though it said it failed).  It wants to do a firmware update, but I think I am going to leave it as is...