WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

@Egan
When you attempt the setup, do you have your 3G enabled on you mobile device? I recommend that you disable the 3G temporarily, then try to reset and reconfigure the WEMO switch again.

It is also recommended that you update the firmware to make sure it works properly.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I have two light switches, and I don't know what firmware is running on either.  One switch resets just fine using the "press the restart button for 1 second and then hold the reset button for five seconds" method.  The other switch doesn't factory reset with any of the methods suggested.

Is there any chance there's a way to reset the switch by powering off the switch at the breaker and holding down the reset button while sacrificing a chicken?  I'm willing to do it if it'll bring my switch back to life.  Thanks!

@hokiecsgrad
Since the regular reset won't work, try to press and hold the reset button for 20 seconds this time. Let's see if that makes a difference. A chicken sacrifice will not be necessary. Smiley Wink

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

That's not working either, unfortunately.  Holding down the reset button is acting more like the restart button.  I have one switch that resets just fine, but this second just refuses to cooporate. 

[ Edited ]

@hokiecsgrad

Have you tried this link as your guide on how to reset the WEMO light switch either manually or via WEMO App?:  http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8183 

If it's not responding, you may try this step: Turn OFF the power of the WEMO Light Switch by turning the circuit breaker OFF and then turning back ON. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

I bought four wemo light switches four days ago and my electrician I installed all of them . All connected to app and it prompted I should update the firmware . The light switch I have this issue asked to create a rule for sunrise and sunset ( which I created but couldn't compete due to firmware update ).
Originally all four switches shown on the app but next day only three shown and the one with issues shown as troubled switch . It asked if I should hide the switch - which I did .
I tried re setting the switch by using the method showing on Bellkin site ( re start button for one second - right side ) and re set button for five seconds . When I press for re start it start flashing green . When I press re set it start blinking green later change to Amber flashing .
It continue to blink Amber with no luck of connecting to wifi of display on the app .
I turned off loose to entire house and re start the switch but still no luck .
I am using Apple 8.2 operating system firmware 6602
Please assist
Harsh

Hi there, Harsh. Let's get this properly isolated. Does the four light switches installed in different locations? How far is the light switch (the one that you're currently having issues with) from your router? How much wireless signal are you getting from that area? Blinking amber means that the light switch is not connected to your Wi-Fi network.

We recommend that you reset the light switch again by following the steps on this linkthen try using a different handheld device and see if it can detect the SSID of the switch. Let us know if it works.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

If anyone knows how to reset the old wemo switch, please text me how to reset. I don't have the new old that has the restart button. I have the the with the restore button.

Greg
317-918-8409
Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi, Gregpruitt. We'd like to confirm that you're using the WEMO Switch, is that right? If so, this link may help you through the process on how to manually reset your WEMO device. Hope this helps.

Chris-21499
WEMO Technical Support

Same here, I have 5 switches, I have tried resetting each one of them but just can't see wemo wifi.