WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Hello Kamranata. Please send us the complete details of your problem at wemocares@belkin.com so that we can assist you further.

Winber - 28302
Wemo Technical Support

I am absolutely done with anything made by belkin. Absolutely the worst firmware I've ever seen bar none! Tried a belkin wireless cam, after 2hrs on tech support they gave up, tried returning and repurchasing same result. Have 2 WeMo plug in switch, have tried every suggestion and tip and will not reset after router change. I sell this junk where I work..... I won't EVER RECOMMEND THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN!!!

I to have the same problem as everybody. Changed router and now flashing light. Everbody says presses reset button. What reset buttons!!! I have NO reset buttons on my light switch!

Yes you do! They are on the front plate under the light switch - small horizontal buttons approx 3mm high.

On Android I found the following helped after changing the router out. 1. I turned off scanning for Wi-Fi in the advanced settings. 2. I went into Data usage and turned off cellular data. 3. On the WeMo I pressed reset then waited then pressed and held down beyond 5 seconds the reset button. 4. I opened the WeMo app and followed the install instructions. Within the app settings settings and about I unchecked remember Wi-Fi because it appeared to be hung up looking for the old router and I disabled remote access. Once connected to WeMo Wi-Fi I opened the app and followed the process till I could see my old switch. Then I told it to forget the Wi-Fi which led to the new router where I could enter the router password. When finished I switched my Wi-Fi back to my router, re-enabled cellular and re-enabled remember Wi-Fi and remote access. It was a bear to find out about scanning and cellular data for the initial install. Hopefully similar steps help with iOS.
MLB

The restart/reset option did not work for me though I tried it several times. However I did see on WeMo support that turning off the circuit breaker could help. I did this for 15 seconds and turned back on and the wifi was then available so. Is may be an option for others having trouble.

I was having lots of problems with one wall switch after upgrade of latest firmware, could not get this one to reconnect to wifi, etc. Tried all the tricks of reset, , power off, 1 sec, 5 sec, 45 sec, etc, with no luck, I was using an iphone 7 with latest ios to connect the device, last straw before going and buying another unit to replace, I decide to use an old ipad I had - instant connect, so found a reason to keep an old ipad with ios 9 around awhile longer. It had to be something with ios 10 that the wemo did not like, can run all other options thru wemo app on ios 10 but the reset reconnect. Just another option for folks to try if they are using iphone and ios 10.

It's really don't work
Wemo really need to do something about it

@Aman
Can you give us more details about your problem? We'd be more than willing to assist you with the device.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support