WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How to reset Wemo Light Switch

Took me forever too. I thought "under the switch" meant directly underneath the main rocker, but if you crouch down you will see there are two separate buttons below the main rocker, they are thin horizontal bar shaped switches, of unequal length, with restart and reset in tiny letters on them. Maybe no one else struggled with this but if it helps even one other person it's worth it. Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

I've taken all of these steps over and over again, day after day. My system never gets to Step 4 where it alternates from green to amber. 

This all started from simply renaming my wifi system. It was working fine before. Please advise what more can be done.

I just got mine working as follows;

1. Press Restart

2. DO NOT wait for the amber light to start flashing. Hold down RESET while the GREEN light is flashing. Hold reset down for 10 seconds. It will at this point start blinking quickly.

3. Select the Belkin nework in you wifi settings. Carry on with opening the app etc.

I just got mine working as follows;

1. Press Restart

2. DO NOT wait for the amber light to start flashing. Hold down RESET while the GREEN light is flashing. Hold reset down for 10 seconds. It will at this point start blinking quickly.

3. Select the Belkin nework in you wifi settings. Carry on with opening the app etc.

Does anyone know how to perform a remote restart on a WeMo light switch?

I'm going to disable the sunset to sunrise rule in the Wemo app Ave try using IFTTT instead. I'm hoping for greater reliability in my outdoor lights turning on and off automatically at night.

Hello, jbprice. There's no way to restart the Light Switch remotely. You need to manually restart it on the unit itself. Click on this link for instructions. 

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

Have a belkin plug in and light switch, and both worked until I switched internet service provider. Tried all of the above but nothing has worked. App keeps crashing when attempting to connect. Tried on both my and my wife’s iPhones. So incredibly frustrating. Any advice is much appreciated.

[ Edited ]

Hi, Braunaa. We'll have our 2nd Level Support Team assist you on this further. Please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your Phone Number, Location (City/State), UserName and link to this post.

Gerard-21724
Wemo Technical Support