WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

I upgraded my router and Android app doesn’t list any of my WeMo devices, help!

I bought a new Linksys Velop mesh router, mostly because I was getting a weak signal to a Wemo switch in a detached garage. Now I have a strong signal all over our property.  I reset all 4 wemo Mini plugs and the Wemo switch to the new router settings. They all show up on the list of network devices on the router admin.  But they don't show up on my Wemo app.

Before I did the changeover, I upgraded the firmware in all the Wemo devices and upgraded the Wemo Android app.

I tried the app forced stop twice and rebooted my phone

I uninstalled the app and installed a new one from Google Play yesterday

I reset each Mini and switch a couple of times with the new network login and reached the success screen for remote access

I have tried using the app on the same wifi as the Wemo devices and on the mobile network

Don't know what to do at this point.  Wemo Minis are running OK on their schedules, but I can't remotely control any of them or the switch. Smiley Sad

Re: I upgraded my router and Android app doesn’t list any of my WeMo devices, help!

Hello jp63000. You seem to have exhausted most of the recommended troubleshooting steps. Allow us to have our Product Engineers assist you with the setup further. Just shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

• Full Name
  • Email Address
  • Phone Number
  • Complete Address (Location/ State)
  • Username and a link to this post for reference

Additional needed information:

• Wemo App Version
  • Wemo Firmware
  • Mac Address of each Wemo device in question

We hope to hear from you the soonest.

Mark-22022
Wemo Technical Support

Re: I upgraded my router and Android app doesn’t list any of my WeMo devices, help!

I'll look on my devices, get thise MAC addresses together and send you that email.

Thanks.

Wemo telephone support called today and we looked at all the settings and glitch possibilities.  Even though a mesh router can make things a little tricky, the router part was fine.

Turns out the Wemo app was still set to my old router under "Settings, Remote Access"

I had assumed that when I reconfigured each Wemo device to the new router network, it was all set.

I had uninstalled the Wemo app, downloaded a fresh copy and installed it the next day after resetting the devices.

But the new app retained the setting in "Remote Access" for my old router no longer in service.

I had to click "Forget & Disable" on "Settings, Remote Access" on the app.

The app then looked for the new network and found it.

All my Wemo devices are now working normally when my phone is on local wifi or out on the mobile network.

Thanks to Wemo support for patiently going through the steps with me to correct the problem.

Now with a strong mesh router signal 100+ feet from the house, I'll be able to add a new Wemo switch to an outbuilding to control a new driveway lamp post. Smiley Very Happy