WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IFTTT: How to disconnect from an old and reconnect to a new account?

[ Edited ]

If I click on "connect with IFTTT" the app connects with an old IFTTT account without asking anything. Even on a very new phone. (This is wrong because it disrupts the connection of another location with Wemo smart plugs.)
How can I make the app forgetting the login data of my old account thus force it to ask for a new account?

Re: IFTTT: How to disconnect from an old and reconnect to a new account?

Hello, Samurex. We suggest that you uninstall/re-install the Wemo app so you can refresh the settings. Don't forget to reboot your phone before trying it again. Make sure that you log in your new IFTTT account credentials. This link may be of help.

Feel free to update this thread with the outcome.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Hi Dennis, thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned in my heading post I was using a very new phone (which has never seen the old settings).

nevertheless I have tried several times to deinstall and reinstall WeMo.

always the same.

somewhere WeMo remembers the IFTTT account outside of my phone and refuses doggedly to forget.

I have tried it with an IFTTT app on my phone (properly logged into another account) and without an installed IFTTT app at all on my phone.

always the same.

this is a bug, isn't it?

@Samurex

Check on your handheld if you're still logged on to your Google account or Facebook account which you've used to sign up to IFTTT. If you've used the same Google/FB account to create a new IFTTT account, we suggest that you use another one. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

Quite scary that a brand new phone will present this issue even without him signing on to the old IFTTT account just because "Facebook or Gmail..."

does that mean you are storing all that information?

I have the very same issue and though I have logged on to the OLD IFTTT account and broken the link to WEMO from there. Then re-log in to the NEW IFTTT account and THEN go to WEMO, it still pairs itself to the OLD account even though my browser has logged off from it. How is it that you are able to pair with it without me providing the password?

Dodgy AF if you ask me.

Besides from being extremely inconvenient as there's simply no way to pair to the new IFTTT where I already have a bunch of workflows setup with other devices...