WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: IFTTT Rules Delayed - SOLVED!!!

Great. Thank you!

Re: IFTTT Rules Delayed - Most certainly *NOT* SOLVED!!!

[ Edited ]

Why change the subject to SOLVED?  Current status is that when you have more than one WeMo Insight switch, only one will send notifications when an event is triggered ... all other switches will have their notifications delayed by up to half an hour.  Belkin needs to fix this, but they just don't care that what seems to be well designed hardware Is now being crippled by absolutely pathetic support from their software guys.

Re: IFTTT Rules Delayed - Most certainly *NOT* SOLVED!!!

I understand where you are coming from, Hendrik. The Engineering team is looking into this and you may continue to post your observations related to this challenge so we can pass it along to them.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

Got this up and running yesterday (with a little help from Mike). It really works great! Thanks for the sugguestion!

Just an FYI for anyone else trying this approach- IE works better than Firefox (and I don't like IE, but....). For some reason FF wouldn't logout and it caused a bunch of issues.

Is there a way to make the incoming link to my droid more secure? Does the system offer https or other options?

[ Edited ]

easyvictor wrote:

Got this up and running yesterday (with a little help from Mike). It really works great! Thanks for the sugguestion!

Just an FYI for anyone else trying this approach- IE works better than Firefox (and I don't like IE, but....). For some reason FF wouldn't logout and it caused a bunch of issues.

Is there a way to make the incoming link to my droid more secure? Does the system offer https or other options?

Wemoremote component of Wemomanager offers up a secure connection for Android.

I use openVPN to my home network to the Wemomanager web page for my IOS devices since that parts is HTTP only.

Thanks. I'll try that.

WEMO Maker Inventor

easyvictor wrote:

Good working getting it sorted Smiley Happy.  Unfortunately it's not possible to support https on an unrooted android but I am working on an alternate that would be more secure by ones google id.

Re: IFTTT Rules delayed

WOW!..... I thought it was just me not knowing the ins, and outs of using IFTTT, but I see its an ongoing problem. I just set up a Wemo motion detector to send me a notification when it detects motion. That's all, just a notification, not switch anything on, or off. It's useless...... it sends me a cluster of notifications all at once hourly, instead of each individual motion event as it occurs. Frustrating and useless. The motion detector works fine through the Wemo app rules, but I wanted notifications through IFTTT.

Ugh.

We'll have our 2nd level technicians check your concern. Please send us a description of your issue through our email at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Also include the following:

• Contact details (name, contact number, email and location)
  • Community Username
  • The link to this community thread
  • WEMO app version
  • WEMO firmware version
  • OS version of you mobile device.
Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Same here!  I've gone back and forth with Wemo and IFTTT and one blames the other.  Several months ago the delay went from being seconds to 30+ minutes.  Sometimes I forget a rule should be triggering, so I manually turn on a device, only for the rule to trigger much later and shut off the device (or turn it on as the case may be).  I've reset all devices, deleted channels off IFTTT, even deleted by IFTTT account and created a new one and...nothing.  The delays make this whol IFTTT integration completely useless.  I'm glad I am not the only one with this issue, but I am disheartened that Wemo doesn't seem to offer a viable option Smiley Sad

BTW if it helps I am using

WeMo iOS app version 1.13.4 (I even had the beta at one point)

iOS 9.2 

Wemo firmware version Wemo_WW_2.00.9896