WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Rules delayed

Robert-

Thanks for helping us.  I personally am experiencing this delay in three IFTTT recipes -one of which I don't necessarily need any urgency and one that I would prefer happen ASAP when triggered.

Recipe one uses a long press on my Wemo light switch to trigger a Hue bulb to turn on.  This used to work within 10 seconds and now it never actually turns the bulb on.  Within the IFTTT app it shows that the Wemo switch was pushed, but the light never comes on.

Recipe two uses the IFTTT weather channel to turn on a Hue bulb at a certain time, and color it for the day's weather forecast.  This used to work within 10 seconds and now it never actually turns the bulb on.  Within the IFTTT app it shows the recipe was called, but the light never comes in.

Recipe three copies any Instagram photo I like to a folder on Google Drive.  I don't recall the delay from this, but now it's upwards of 120 minutes.  I "liked"  a photo at 15:30 and at 17:25 the IFTTT recipe was triggered and the photo was on my Drive.  The modified date of the photo was 17:25.

I hope this helps!  Please do let us know how else we can help... this delay/issue is increasingly frustrating and makes me doubt the whole system I implemented in my home.

Thanks much

Sebastian

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

I checked with the team here and I haven't heard anything yet of any changes.  They did note that it has always been a 15 minute "window" for polling time and that is on the IFTTT end.  Changes from your WeMo's to the Cloud Server are extremely quick.  I've watched them happen within 5-10 seconds, or the time it takes for a web browser to refresh the server page.  

I've personally seen IFTTT take a few minutes to trigger and it was always random how long it would take.  If I hear anything more I'll let everyone know.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Thanks Robert,

Strangely that the IFTTT rules were triggered out instantly (within 1-2 minutes) for the past year until last week.

Just wanted to add that after almost a year of wemo ifttt recipes triggering within a minute or less, a couple of months ago I started experiencing major delays. 15, 30 minutes even. My recipes are of the kind "if light switch A is turned on, then turn on switch B". Made the recipes all but useless.

It getting worser that no IFTTT rule can be triggered out today.

Highlighted

I went back and forth with both IFTTT and Wemo support - never really got anywhere.  Very disappointed.

I bought Wemo Switchers and Motion for over 1Year. 100% Full function was only happened in few months........

The answer from IFTTT was reset my devices. Then they redirect my case to Wemocare.

Cat Mad

@Gc1976 and @rickysuper

You may follow IFTTT advise to reset the WeMo device, but I suggest you uninstall the WeMo App and clear the IFTTT rules as well. After that, download and run the latest WeMo App and use it to reconfigure the unit. 

Reset several times including the Wemo switches and IFTTT channels.

The delay issue still exits.