WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IFTTT: Turn the Wemo smart plug on for X minutes when my phone's location is close to home

I set an IFTTT applet to turn the smart plug on, when my phone's location gets close to home. For turning it off I thought I can rely on Wemo app's auto off feature, but it doesn't seem to work well with an IFTTT trigerred plug.

Is it supposed to tourn off the light after a set minutes even if it's been truned on by IFTTTT, or that'll change the behavior of that setting?

Does the Wemo app need to be actvie one the phone (not sleep/killed by Android for long inactivity or battery drainage) to trigger the auto off feature?

Has anyone done this scenario sucessfully any other way for free? (not the paid versions of the apps)

Re: IFTTT: Turn the Wemo smart plug on for X minutes when my phone's location is close to home

Hi @RaydMay we know what recipes that you've created in IFTTT? What's the model number of your Wemo device and the version of your Wemo App?

Please know that the Wemo App doesn't need to be active to trigger the rules that you've set to it as the Wemo device will function on their own without intervention from you. Also, the Auto-Off Timer Rule will immediately be triggered/count once you turn the Wemo device On (thru the App or Manually).

Elyza – 22075
WEMO Technical Support

Re: IFTTT: Turn the Wemo smart plug on for X minutes when my phone's location is close to home

Hi Elyza. It did actually work as intended and turned off the lights after 5 minutes. The only unfortunate thing is that the official Wemo app doesn't have the geofencing option to set rules based on it. Basically turn on the light for x minutes when the phone's location is close to home, or when phone connects to an specific wifi network. My issue with IFTTT now is that even though I've selected a very big radius around my house to trigger the IFTTT applet, it still fails to turn it on when I get home. If someone in Belkin app dev team checks the Netgear Arlo app's mode options, they can get a good idea about the possibilities.

@Rayd,

We've taken note of your suggestion for the Wemo app features. In the meantime, you can try recreating the IFTTT applet on a different device for isolation. Also, make sure that remote access is enabled on the Wemo app.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Router login is the default login page for NETGEAR Routers. But most of the times when users start NETGEAR Router Setup process and try to open routerlogin they do not connect to a login page and come across error pop-ups. In order to resolve this problem, make sure NETGEAR Router is accurately configured.

Welcome to the Customer Experience Survey. We value your candid feedback and appreciate you taking the time to complete our survey.

mycfavisit

VivaVideo app is a Free Video Editor is a video editing tool that allows you to work with videos and images to create your own video montage directly on your Android device.

TP-Link Wireless Routers come with user-friendly control panel making it easier and smoother for users to make innumerable changes and update the existing settings without any worries Tp Link router Login

Disney Hub likewise knew as Disney Employee Hub. By the name it clear that this Online administration is begun for the workers, individuals from the Walt Disney Company.