WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IFTTT connection

I have an Insight Switch that I previously connected to be triggered via IFTTT and wanted to add a new Light Switch to be triggered by an IFTTT applet. Since the last firmware upgrade it appears I cannot edit the original Insight Switch nor can I add the new Light Switch. I go to "more", connect to IFTTT, generate a PIN ( or accept the new one) then click "connect", select the new device ( light switch) and the app seems to then go into an infinite loop of trying to connect to IFTTT.

Any ideas?

Re: IFTTT connection

I'm having the same issue trying to "connect" my new WEMO Mini Smart Plug to IFTTT. It just doesn't do anything once I select the "WeMo Smart Plug" channel. It just spins, spins, and does not go anywhere!   I'm following the instructions from IFTTT (i.e. please open your WeMo app, go to More, Generate IFTTT PIN, then tap the Connect button)!  

[ Edited ]

Spokenvine, I could be wrong here because all I have are Wemo Mini's, but once the Wemo app recognizes the Insight you should go to the IFTTT app on your phone or on the web and set up/modify the applets there.

You don't need to do the "more" thing again.

ae7227ta, I assume you've set up an IFTTT account before you did all this?

JerryM74, thanks for the note. IFTTT is the app that is sending us to do the "more" option. As ae7227ta notes, it just hangs in this spinning state.

As a side note, I have a 3 mini switches, 1 light switch, 2 Insight Switches and 1 Wemo Switch, so a range of different products and cannot set up IFTTT on any of them at present.

I guess it's been to long since I set up my IFTTT account and I've forgotten the original steps it took. Now I just log back into IFTTT and create or modify applets for my 5 Mini's to my hearts content. You're problem appears to be above my pay grade, so I'll wish you luck and hope someone comes along that can help.

I did setup an IFTTT account. I also can control the WeMo Mini Plug just fine using the WeMo app in my iPhone, so it is connected to WiFi. I just have no idea why it does not connect to IFTTT.

JerryM74, many thanks for your suggestions.

Yes, I can modify the IFTTT applets from within IFTTT once the Wemo is registered. It appears the interface to get these registered or modified from within WeMo's app is having issues connecting to IFTTT.

Have you tried going to IFTTT and just creating  a new applet or modifiying an existing one? I don't know why but I thought the "connect to IFTTT" just established a link between your Wemo app and IFTTT. Then whenever you clicked on create a new applet, all the Wemo's listed in the Wemo app automatically appeared in IFTTT to be selected from. 

Dunno, maybe I've lost touch with reality. Smiley Frustrated

Expert

Hey guys!

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the Wemo App and try associating IFTTT again. We've recently launched an Wemo App update for both iOS and Android devices. If you guys bump into the same setback, let us know by shooting us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support