WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: IFTTT connection

Yep. Same here.
After getting the IFTTT PIN and clicking on connect, it asks to select a channel. After that, the app just keeps spinning and trying to connect. But nothing happens.

Tried anything. Reinstalling the app, hardware reset, another smartphone, a lot of patience. No change.
Online, or directly on the IFTTT website or app won't help. For security reasons it needs to be connected within the Weomo app.

Any thoughts?

Expert

[ Edited ]

@VinceG

You mentioned you've tried other smartphones. What devices have you tested? We're trying to isolate if it's mostly happening on iOS or Android devices.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

Thanks for your quick reply.

I installed the app on another ios device. With a diffrent ios version  10.2.1 vs 10.3.1.
Also No difference. Sorry, no android device in this house unfortunately.

I'm having the exact same problem - and I'm a new customer. 

iPhone 6 Plus, 10.3.1 

Looking for a solution ASAP as I purchased these devices exclusively for the IFTTT functionality.

@

Expert

Hi, Everyone,

We'd like to get our second level support team to assist you with this challenge. Send us an email at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details, the steps that you've tried so far, iOS/Android version of your handheld device/s and the link to this communicate post. We look forward to your soonest reply.

Chiqui-17359
WEMO Technical Support

Just as a follow up: I have sent a note to the WEMOcares team as requested.

I have tried Android (6.0.1) and iPhone 6S (iOS 10.3.1). I have uninstalled WeMo App and then reinstalled on both platforms. Neither solved the problem.

Latest update keeps crashing on Android ("Unfortunately, WeMo has stooped" message keeps coming up, so I cannot even try the next step of IFTTT pairing).

On first run through the iPhone after reinstallation, I was able to get to a screen that asked me to sign into IFTTT, but then it didn't present an option to connect/pair the new device. I ran through the process again, "more", Connect to IFTTT, Choose Channel ( Connect Wemo Light Switch)...it still gets the spinning wheel.

One additional problem I am now encountering is that I am no longer local to the network/router, so I have to utilize a cell connection for remote management of the device I wish to pair with IFTTT.

An update: after deleting the Wemo App, power cycling the Android device (Samsung phone), reinsalling WeMo App and using the Andriod, I was able to get into the IFTTT connection, create a new applet.

Then logged into WeMo app on iPhone and can see the Lightswitch now has a connection to IFTTT.

IFTTT doing update on iOS today. WeMo did update on local Mini Switch today.

Followed the same process of deleting iPhone Wemo app, power cycle, reinstall etc. Then followed the process of connecting to IFTTT. Be careful to note that if you have an account already, choose Sign in (upper right hand corner of display), then choose the device to connect.

Same thing: spinning wheel again. Final Connection/communication/linking between iPhone/iOS app and IFTTT seems to be not working. (we have established the Android process works, and you can see the device is connected via iOS after enabling it via the Android device).

Hope this helps WeMo team isolate the problem.

I have 2 Wemo Mini's and one Insight. I have also attempted to activate them with IFTTT.

It also gives me the "spinning circle" and I am not able to activate them. I have deleted the app, reactivated the devices and tried reboots on all components.

This seems to be a new issue and will take some sort of resubmission of an app to the store? I do not have an android device to try.

@Spokenvine
Thank you for providing additional information. We'll inform our email team about this.

@captaintornado
Send us your contact details at WemoCares@belkin.com so that we can escalate your case to our 2nd level support team.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support