WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: IFTTT connection

Same problem. Can't get iOS app to connect to ifttt. So frustrating. Any fix in sight?

Here too.  Same issue.  Please let us know. 

Thanks. 

[ Edited ]

Same issue here (also sent an email, but got no reply so far- got a reply since and answered some questions I'am on IOS 10.3.1 as this seems to matter): undefinitely spnnig wheelonce I clicked connect and selected the smart plug icon...

image1.PNG

An update for all: I had a good conversation with the WeMo team. We walked through the various scenarios, work arounds I have found and used etc.

This has been escalated further based on our discussion and the feedback from this thread.

As I discussed earlier, I was able to pair the WeMo device with IFTTT using Android. The good news is that once I did this, I could then manage and build applets/recipes from in IFTTT from my iOS devices.

In addition, I have tested that these recipes will trigger the WeMo switch.

I managed to get it to connect to IFTTT on iOS.
I used a 3rd generation iPad running iOS 9.3.5 to run through the steps in the Wemo app. It went through first time, IFTTT now working.

Latest Wemo app version, wouldn't work on my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.3.1. So the issue may be a change with iOS 10.

[ Edited ]

@Ksscher

You may try the workarounds provided by Spokenvine. After that, let us know if it makes any difference. 

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support
Expert

@Buffta

Our Support Team is currently looking into this. Should you need further assistance with your iPhone 6 shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com. Be sure to include your contact details, Community Username and the link to this post for reference.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

I don't have an android device so that workaround won't work.
Expert

Ksscher

Understood. Allow us to have our 2nd Level Technician further assist you with this matter. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your phone number, location and the link to this thread for reference. 

Fate – 21474
WeMo Technical Support

[ Edited ]

New user here also. Having the same problem. I have one Insight switch. From the WeMo app, tried to connect it to my IFTTT account on my Iphone and Ipad running IOS 10.3.1. Able to login to IFTTT and get to the choose channel page, then just a spinning circle after selecting the Insight Switch. So from reading above, I just tried it on an older Ipad running IOS 9.3.5. No luck there either.