WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Expert

Re: IFTTT connection

Hi, dwrede. Our 2nd Level Technician can provide you assistance regarding this matter. Just shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

* Phone Number

* Link to this Community thread

Fate – 21474
WeMo Technical Support

same here, having issue with wemo maker. Unabe to sync with IFTTT

WEMO Maker Inventor

Fate_R wrote:

Hi, dwrede. Our 2nd Level Technician can provide you assistance regarding this matter. Just shoot us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details: 

This is a bit confusing.  Do you think all of these folks are doing it wrong, and your preference is to teach them one at a time?  Why not post the correct/updated/helpful instructions here?  Is it a secret?

Or is it a secret workaround that you only want to share with customers who agree to contact you directly?  Or something you need to enable manually as the app itself or the cloud is broken?  That would still be helpful information.

I guess the last choice is it's a bug and you want to tell people offline that it doesn't work, and ask them to be patient.  

Why do any of this outside of the view of the community?

If you admitted any of this publicly and shared a plan to fix it, do you see how that would build trust here?  Not to mention reduce the frustration of the folks that fuitlessly try to get it to work.  What you're doing instead, seemingly hiding the issue, adds to an atmosphere of distrust.

Feels like a lot of wasted time to me too. After a couple days of email tag and a couple more days phone tag I finally spoke to the 2nd level tech and all we did was go over everything from the email/thread and he said it was being passed up to the engineering dept and it would be 24-48 hours til I hear from them.  So more phone tag to ensue, yay.  All for an issue thats pretty clearly a bug in the WeMo app with IOS 10+.  But I guess you arent going to employ 3-tiers of tech support personell and then let any yahoo on the internet tell you whats wrong.  

Doesn't work for me either ios10 users with everything up to date .... time to slam th app in the App Store.. this has gone on too long with no real updates, just a moderator telling everyone to email 2nd level. Why do you need your users to trouble shoot this. It's clearly broke! Buy an iPhone and test it out yourselves.

Starting to regret my purchase here

I have the same issue.

I am a new customer with one insight switch and I bought it beause I need on IFTTT, it's not helpful using the APP.

The IFTT procedure stops at device group selection and the connection is not estabilish because on IFTTT is not activated.

I have not a ANDROID device and howver they must give to the customer a working platform on all the OS.

I already contact Technical Support different times but they waste my times asking to reset the device, remove and install the app again, change the wifi channel (???)  and asking products information that I canno't retrieve when I am out of home.

However it look like that they are not able to undestand the issue bacuse it 's present from more then 20 days and they have not fix it yet.

I am very disappointed about that and I can be calm if the BELKIN group can publish a pubblic message where they have take really in cosideration the issue and they have plan to fix it by 1/2 week for example. 

They are taking time because they works bad.

for the Technical Support is so simple test it : try to be a nuew customer so install the app on an IOS device and configure a new device (a plug for example) and try to set IFTTT connection. 

Worked!

Thanks. I tested and also found it now working.

WeMo Tech Support also notified me it was resolved. Thanks to everyone for helping to identify and verify this.

Ok, now it works. Finally !

Yep, mine is now working too ! Sorry I didn't have time to work with them individually either, but glad they got it fixed.