WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: IFTTT connection

I have a Android 7.1 device and bought myself a Wemo plug. All went well until I tried to setup a IFTTT connection. In the IFTTT app they direct you to the Wemo app to setup the connection. But no matter what I try, I can not get it working.

This is the flow I go through every time.

fail flow

Expert

@hvm78

Were you able to activate the Wemo channel on your Wemo app by going to https://ifttt.com/wemo_switch then clicking the "Activate" button? If you weren't, we suggest that you do so. By then, you can proceed in setting up your IFTTT connection. Post back if you encounter same challenge.

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

There is no 'activate' button there. It than shows the last screen in my example. 

Expert

@hvm78

Just to verify, what's the exact model number of the Wemo device that you're trying to connect to IFTTT?

Allen-18085
WEMO Technical Support

My IFTTT rule of three WEMO switch and Motion sensor stop working since 21 May, before that was no problem. I cannot figure out the issue was from Belkin or IFTTT and no error message was checked from IFTTT.

@rickysuper

Did you recently update your firmware or app version? To isolate, try to redo (create a new rule)  your IFTTT rule and observe if it'll make any difference.

Ces-21490
WEMO Technical Support

I updated the firmware to the latest today, redo IFTT rules but still not work.

I have switchs is located in different properties I lose them periodically in my app are there any tricks to solving this thank you

rickysuper: What's the version of your Wemo app? Is it up to date? Did you delete the existing applet/rule before redoing them? Please get in touch with us at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our 2nd level Support Team work with you in fixing this setback. Please include the following info:

• Full Name:
  • Phone Number:
  • Location (State/country):
  • Community Username:
  • Link to this Community Post (for reference):

We'll be waiting.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support