WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

IFTTT it is not toggling my Wemo SmartPlug mini

Hi, I set up an applet to turn on and off wemo smartplug, but it's not working.  It successfuly connected through the network but the switch does not toggle. The applet runs succesfully, but nothing happens. I tried with turn on and turn off, neither of them work.

Re: IFTTT it is not toggling my Wemo SmartPlug mini

@parosen wrote:

Hi, I set up an applet to turn on and off wemo smartplug, but it's not working.  It successfuly connected through the network but the switch does not toggle. The applet runs succesfully, but nothing happens. I tried with turn on and turn off, neither of them work.

Hi there, parosen. Let's look into this matter. Just to verify, is this the first time that you integrated the Wemo device to an IFTTT applet? If so, are you getting an error message if you trigger the applet? Also, is the Wemo device working properly on the Wemo app? For isolation, you may try to execute these workarounds:

• Try to edit/refresh the service
  • Reconnect service connection
  • Force close IFTTT, and relaunch afterwards
  • Test some configurations if it'll work on the Wemo device
  • Double-check the trigger and action fields

Hope this helps.

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

Thank you for your answer, still not working.

• Try to edit/refresh the service
  • Reconnect service connection

I edited, and also deleted and started all over again. I think its not refreshing the relationproperly, because while trying to find a solution I had changed the device name using the Wemo app, refreshed IFTTT from the app,  created a new receipe and realized  the old device name appeared. Even though I set IFTTT action to All switches, but nothign happens.

• Test some configurations if it'll work on the Wemo device

I can turn it on and off without any problem from the Wemo app.

• Double-check the trigger and action fields

I'm testing from IFTTT recipe, run now option. It ends ok, it says it run fine, but nothing happens.

As I said, I think it's not refreshing the connection with IFTTT, because I deleted the relationship fron IFTTT,  changed the device name, and then added  the relationship again from Memo app, but even I'm creating new receipes, it still shows the old device name.

@parosen

Please try uninstalling and re-installing the Wemo App and restart your Wemo device. Then, re-integrate the Wemo device to IFTTT on the Wemo App (not through IFTTT website).

Email us at WemoCares@wemo.com if the issue still exist to escalate your case with our  2nd Level Support Team. Provide us the following details below on the email:

-Full Name

-Community Username

-Phone Number

-Wemo Device firmware version and hardware version

-Wemo device Mac Address

-Wemo App version

-Make and model of handheld device.

Juviena_P 22245

Wemo Technical Support

It doesn't work. I send the information to the email you provided but the email is rejected because user doesn't exist.

I tried with a differente mail (WemoCares@belkin.com) but I don't whether is the right one. Please provide me with a valid support mail if it's not. Thanks.

Apologies for the overlook @parosen. The correct email is WemoCares@belkin.com. Our Team will patiently wait for you to email them to further assist you.

Regards.

Juviena_P 22245

Wemo Technical Support

Hi, I tried again today and it's working now. 

I wrote too soon. It worked only once, and then stopped working again.

The wemo switch almost never works with Ifttt. They should remove it from their advertising. Their server that handles the Ifttt request appears to always be down.