WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Is anyone able to save a schedule rule???

I have a bunch of wemo devices - 5 in-wall switches, 4 dimmers and one plugin switch. They all work nicely. But for the life of me I cannot save any schedule rules. When I click on save it just spins endlessly and never saves. Long-press rules work like a charm. So it seems it's just schedule rules. It's not my phone because I've tried a tablet and the same thing happens. I've tried clearing cache. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I've tried resetting wemo devices. Nothing works. It's not device specific because this happens with both my dimmers and in-wall switches. It appears this is either a bug in the app or a cloud issue. I contacted support via the live chat and they were completely unhelpful. After dealing with the scripted questions the support rep finally said the cloud team was working on an issue and it should be working in a couple of hours. This of course did not come to pass. I tried the live chat support again this morning and this time they told me to call in. As if that's going to have any different result other than making me angry for staying hold. So I'm wondering... Is anyone able to save a schedule rule with the latest app version 1.18.1 (123) or is it just me? 

Re: Is anyone able to save a schedule rule???

There have been several dozen posts on the subject by now with no solution provided by Belkin.  I suspect the product has been abandoned.

[ Edited ]

I have a "turn lamp on 30 before sunset" rule (smart plug) that works. I had one to turn it off sometime later while I was on vacation but have disabled it. Set them up on my iPhone 6s. No problems.

Try making a new one.

[ Edited ]

airmandan wrote:

There have been several dozen posts on the subject by now with no solution provided by Belkin.  I suspect the product has been abandoned.

I hope you're not right about this. I've invested a fair sum of $$$ on these devices and there are more on the way :-(

mikesk
Allow us to forward your case to our 2nd level Support Team to conduct a further diagnosis. Please email us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Location (state/country):
Community Username:
Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

If you have the case number given by our Wemo Support Team, kindly include it in the email as well so we can review the history of your case. We look forward to hearing from you.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

PamelaBianca_M wrote:

mikesk
Allow us to forward your case to our 2nd level Support Team to conduct a further diagnosis. Please email us the following details at WemoCares@belkin.com

Full Name:
Phone Number:
Location (state/country):
Community Username:
Link to this Community Thread (for our reference):

If you have the case number given by our Wemo Support Team, kindly include it in the email as well so we can review the history of your case. We look forward to hearing from you.

I genuinely mean no disrespect here, but I have to ask: do you or any of the other moderators actually work for Belkin, or are you contractors through a service?  I have never seen any support on this forum beyond reinstall the app/reset the device/we'll escalate to tier 2.

This is a serious problem, there are multiple ongoing continuous widespread service outages with all WeMo services and equipment.  In the last two months through a series of development blunders a product platform which used to function well has been rendered nearly unusable.  This is a grave matter which requires immediate engagement from first party Belkin staff with access to backline engineering.

I've emailed support. I'll post back here and let folks know what they say. Fingers crossed it's something positive!

Update: The latest app version (119) did not solve my problem. However I did discover a somewhat clunky workaround. The only way I can save a schedule rule is to completely delete my long press rules. Then and only then can I save a schedule rule. After that is saved I can add the long press rules back in. But if I want to modify or add another schedule rule I have to delete my long press rules again. So it works, but it's painful.

Interestingly 2nd level support actually called me up and got some details on the issues I was having. Big kudos for that. I've never had a tech company do that before. I'm hopeful that some of these issues will be addressed in future updates.

"The only way I can save a schedule rule is to completely delete my long press rules. Then and only then can I save a schedule rule. After that is saved I can add the long press rules back in. But if I want to modify or add another schedule rule I have to delete my long press rules again. So it works, but it's painful."

Holy crap, it works! Thanks so much for posting this workaround!