WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Light switch will not turn off via software OR hardware.

For the past several days almost all of my wemo light switches are now mysteriiousy stuck ON.  I'm unable to turn them off via hardware or software.  Thankfully I am using the philips hue bulbs in a lot of the lights that these switches are controlling so i can turn the bulbs off via that software.  

This seemingly happened out of nowhere and isn't affecting all of my WEMO switches the same.  I think that only 2 out of about 8 switched are still working.

The other strange thing is that  I can't even find the switches that are stuck ON in the Wemo app.  

Any ideas?

Re: Light switch will not turn off via software OR hardware.

Hi, Ludeless. Let's get this sorted out. What's the current firmware of your WEMO App and WEMO Light Switches? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WEMO App in your phone? If you haven't tried resetting your WEMO Light Switches, please do so, and you may use this link as your guide. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

I am having a similar problem.

For the past few weeks, all five of my wemo switches periodically stop working.

Do not show up in the app and can't be controlled with the built in button.

If I unplug them, they start working again for a while but then same thing happens.

I am running 2.00.10062.PVT-OWRT-SNS firmware

Expert

Hi, amaung. Let's isolate this. Have you changed any settings on the router? Are you experiencing the same setback on a different handheld device? For further isolation, we suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the WEMO app. If it does the same thing, try to reset and reconfigure the WEMO Switches. Once done, observe how it goes and update this thread for any results.

Kristine_14845
WEMO Technical Support

Mine won’t woek with the physical switch either! Lights stuck on, while Wemo light on switch shows they are off.

Hi Nwpaperguy,

Is the firmware up-to-date? Also, try to power cycle the light switch by turning off the circuit breaker and wait at least 5 seconds before turning it back on. If the issue persists, you may need to perform a reset and reconfigure the light switch.

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support