WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Multi-home Wemo Support Poll (Feedback Thread)

New user. Maybe I'm headed down the wrong path. I must be able to manage my switching devices at multiple locations and time zones. Are you saying I can't do this? I am doing this now with cameras with the Samsung Smart Cam app. If I can't I have product to return.

[ Edited ]

Need an app that will run on iOS. Is there one available that will handle multiple locations?

You need to get this done ASAP. Thousands of baby boomers are adding residences in Florida and other locations. This app is necessary for off site monitoring as we can already do with other products (cameras and temperature control). Interesting that your product is sold in new age packaging with old school technology. No where on the package is the limited use of this product described!!

[ Edited ]

Spikenails wrote:
Need an app that will run on iOS. Is there one available that will handle multiple locations?

While you would need to run a $20 Android phone as a "server" at the other residence you could then control your Wemo's from "any" device's web browser with WemoOnDrive from "anywhere".

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mpp.wemoOnDrive&hl=en

You will need to setup a Gmail account for this.

You typically don't need to mess with your router or firewall either unless you have custom outbound blocks in place.

IMG_6151.jpg

I am in the "this is an essential feature" camp on this one as it is directly relevant to my needs. I do not have all that much invested in Wemo that I could go to an alternate vendor if this is not coming soon.

Interested in being able to control multiple locations. More than 2 would be even better. Work, Home, 2nd Home, etc. Know that the Nest App can control multiple locations.

WEMO

tyler,

Our most recent release offered Nest integration. We worked with Nest product managers and engineers to pull this off, so we're intimately familiar with their multi-structure data model and have made accommodations for this in our cloud relationships when a user links their Nest thermostat(s) and their Wemo(s).  At this time, since our app only supports single network/location, you can map Nest thermostats from any of your homes to Wemos in only one home--whichever home the app establishing the link is bound to.  The use case for this is fairly unusual, but it's possible.  For a usual use case, you would only choose to link thermostats in the same home as the Wemos discoverable by the app establishing the link.  In what we're proposing, you'd then use a second app to connect the Nest thermostats in your second location to the Wemos in that location (discoverable in that second app).

Ultimately, we do plan to release true multi-location support which would maintain n:n relationships with external integrations (Nest, Amazon Alexa, IFTTT, whatever).  The solution we've architected should have no issues maintaining more 3 or even more locations within the same app.  But it's going to take a while to get there, which is why we're floating the idea of a "2nd App" intermediate solution.

I'd be all for it. I'm debating on looking at wemo alternatives for the holiday house I'm building because of this issue. I would take a second app rather than carry two phones, definitely.