WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager

Multiple Smart Phones?

I have an Android Tablet, and an Android Smart Phone. Can I load the app on both and control the devices from either one?

Community Manager

Re: Multiple Smart Phones?

Yes . Just set it up with one device and then install the App on the second. If connected to the same wifi network your WeMo device should be connected automatically.

and if the second phone doesn't connect automatically, what do I do? 2 iPhones, second one just keeps showing me the getting started page.

Make sure to connect the second iPhone to the same network and install the latest WeMo App. WeMo device works with Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher.  As long as your iPhone meets the minimum requirement, it should work! :-)

Re: Multiple Smart Phones? (Solved)

SOLVED (for me).  I had the same problem.  I installed switch and app easily on my iPhone and set up a rule.  An hour later when I installed the app on my iPad it wanted to do a "Setup" rather than recognizing the switch that was already installed.  On my iPad I killed the app by double clicking and swiping it up.  I started the app again and it recognized my WeMo switch. It was frustrating for 5 minutes until I killed the app and ran it again.

Re: Multiple Smart Phones? (Solved)

Was having the same problem. I have three Meraki AP's and found out that my phone had to be on the same AP and then close/restart the App for the devices to be discovered on additional phones. Before this I uinstalled/reinstalled the app. Ensured my phone was on the same SSID. Closed/reopened the AP. Ensured the phone and devices were on the same subnet.

I have two iPhones on the same WiFi network. Set up the wemo devices on the one phone. the app on the other still goes to the setup page.

Hi, Retrodav. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the WEMO App and making sure that you've downloaded the latest version? Have you also checked that your smartphone is running on its latest OS version?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

@Jo-Ann_B wrote:

Hi, Retrodav. Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the WEMO App and making sure that you've downloaded the latest version? Have you also checked that your smartphone is running on its latest OS version?

I’m having the same problem and just re-installed the app. My mini still doesn’t show up on my iPad. Any other ideas?

@whitete1 Try to force close the app, run it again, delete cache and cookies, and see it still doing the same thing. You may try using another handheld device to further isolate the issue. Also, what is the current iOS version of your iPad and the LED status of the Wemo unit? 

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support