04-03-2019 10:55 PM
I bought my WeMo in February 2019 through Amazon, and when I first got it everything worked as advertised: Rules, remote control, etc.
Then I kept the device in my drawer for about 2 months, and now that I really need it, I notice it's not working as before:
- I've reset the device both from app and physically
- I've deleted all data both in the app and in my phone, and reinstalled app several times with same results
- I can't enable remote access, it always says it's not possible at this time and try later
- I create rules and they appear active, but they take no effect: It doesn't turn on/off at the specified time.
- I can't set up my current city. It used to show me cities matching the name as I typed it, now it just doesn't.
- Because of the previous point, I can't create sun rise/set rules.
- Sometime when I open the app and look at rules, I see some rules I created days ago.
In short, all I have is a device that turns on and off touching the touch-sensitive button at the front, and that's not what I thought when buying this product. I've seen posts saying WeMo cloud was restored in late March, but for what I can see, it's dead to me.
Unfortunatelly my time to ask for a refund in Amazon has expired. Very dissapointed.
04-04-2019 02:13 AM
Hi samuelmolina. Allow us to look into this further. Have you tried setting up your WEMO device with a different compatible handheld device/s? Make sure that they are running on their latest OS version/s. If it still won't work, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our 2nd Level Support Team check on your case. Please include providing us the following:
-Model Number of the WEMO device
-Link to this post for reference
04-04-2019 04:13 PM
Since you've done any changes on your SSID, you have to reset and re-configure your Wemo devices.
Here's the link that can help: https://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=8010.
Wemo Technical Support
04-05-2019 11:34 AM