WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple locations UPDATE

Hi Wemo,

How about an update on whats happening here ? 

Ideally about the long term fix to the issue but I'd settle right now for an update on when we will see the second app to at least support two locations from one device ?

thanks !

Re: Multiple locations UPDATE

Agree! Is there anyway to use Wemo in 2 locations? Have same issue. Different wifi & could use new email, would that work? Otherwise have to use KASA competitor.

grebla1 wrote:
Agree! Is there anyway to use Wemo in 2 locations? Have same issue. Different wifi & could use new email, would that work? Otherwise have to use KASA competitor.

Automation Manager in my signature

Wemo/Belkin - Any update please ????

Yes I just bought these for two homes... sending them back

I spoke with tech support today and they said I could use my IPhone and IPad for one location and my wife's iPhone and iPad for the second location.  It's not perfect, but something I could live with. I keep seeing the need for two separate phones so I thought this my be one solution. Anyone see an issue with this thought? As for you single guys, I guess you'll have to get married. 😱

Jjdejd wrote:

I spoke with tech support today and they said I could use my IPhone and IPad for one location and my wife's iPhone and iPad for the second location.  It's not perfect, but something I could live with. I keep seeing the need for two separate phones so I thought this my be one solution. Anyone see an issue with this thought? As for you single guys, I guess you'll have to get married. 😱

Take a look at Automation manager... a cheap $20-$30 Android phone parked at each house, a Google account and a web browser.  You can delegate permissions even giving someone just read only privs.  I control my Wemos all the time from a free add-on to Automation Manager called Wemo On Drive with my iPhone and iPad.  This also gives you desktop Mac/PC access to control you Wemos.  

https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/faq/wemomanager/wemoondrive

Any update on this....it's about time that this got fixed...have WEMO at home and Cottage and all these "Work Arounds" are a major pain for something that should be fixed....I can find posts going back to 2014 on this if not earlier....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR