02-10-2018 09:04 PM
Multiple locations on Wemo is still not possible and no further updates from the team yet. Feel free to write your recommendation at the Wemo Ideas board. Thank you!
07-20-2018 08:28 PM - edited 07-20-2018 09:11 PM
I have some wemo devices in two different houses and both work from all my phones (android).
To get the access to the wemo's at the other house, I just turn off the wifi on my phone and connect to the cellular data.
Generally I rarely change anything at the house I am not at so not really a big deal.
1) My phone logged into the HOME wifi that has some of the devices connected, only the devices on that netword are usable and the other house devices are grayed out.
2) My phone logged into any wifi other than my home networks or cellular data, everything works.
If you have to reinstall the app or accidently delete a wemo device... you are out of luck and have to go back to that house and let the app 're-discover' the devices.
I suppose you could add a second wifi at each house only for the wemo's and never connect your phone to it (except during the initial setup). I have not tried to do that as it is not too much bother to turn off my phone wifi for the rare occasions I need to control something at the other house.
Result, I have multiple locations with wemo's and I can control them all from all my phones.
1) I installed all the devces at one house.
2) I went to the other house and installed all the devices there.
DO NOT REMEMBER THE WIFI SETTING FROM THE OTHER HOUSE. PICK THE WIFI SSD FOR THAT HOUSE.
3) When I am at either house and connected to the local house wifi, only the devices at that house can be contolled.
---Careful to NOT remove the grayed out devices at the other house.
4) If I want to control the devices at the other house, I turn off the wifi on my phone and let my phone connect to cell data.
---When connected to cell data or any wfi other than the two local home networks, everything is available and works.
Not the best solution but works for me.
07-20-2018 11:41 PM
07-21-2018 03:37 AM
@Edibble, Please know that you can manage and check your Wemo devices remotely. However, Wemo App cannot control multiple locations using one handheld device. By the way, may we know the LED status of some of your Wemo devices?
For isolation, please try to reboot your device from the power source. You may also try to force close the app and re-open it again. If the issue occurs, you may try again to disable and re-enable the remote access feature of the app.
07-21-2018 09:26 AM
07-21-2018 03:27 PM
07-21-2018 06:07 PM
Agree! Is there anyway to use Wemo in 2 locations? Have same issue. Different wifi & could use new email, would that work? Otherwise have to use KASA competitor.
So I just started fooling with this. While I can't directly get the app itself to use Wemo in 2 locations, it appears an Amazon Alexa can remember and continue to access devices across two locations:
1. Add your Wemos in one location
2. Add the Wemo skill through your phone. Follow steps to have devices added
3. Go to new location. Disable remote access on your app
4. Connect to new devices
5. DISABLE Alexa Wemo Skill in Alexa app
6. RE-ENABLE Alexa Wemo Skill in Alexa app
7. Run search again and have new devices added
Now all your devices will be accessible from ALL your Alexas. Crummy workaround if you don't have Alexas but that's the best I can figure for the moment.
07-21-2018 06:15 PM
I've said before... just a happy customer....
Look at Automation Manager with the Google Drive option.
• Unlimited locations
• Assign permissions to sites for view only or action access
• Any device with a web browser can access
Buy in ... $8 with the best support you can get. Mike gives a level of support I haven't seen since early 2000's Sun Microsystems.
In addition a $20-$30 Android phone.... IOS user... hey.. no problem.. I am too.. this phone is just parked at your house. You don't have to use it beyond that. Web access to all of your Wemos... anywhere...anytime...
No greyed out devices you can't control..... get lost in rule complexity that can trip your mind
Again... if Mike's product wasn't out there I don't know where I would be. The stock Wemo app isn't capable of doing what AM can do. I merely use stock app for firmware updates these days.
07-21-2018 08:18 PM
Hi, Edibble. Our Escalation Engineers would like to look into this further. To proceed, please send us an email at WemoCares@Belkin.com with your username, the link to this community post, the model numbers of your Wemo devices, and your contact details (name, city/state and phone number).