WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multiple locations

Looking for the ability to have several different locations (times of sunrise and sunsets) in the app. Trying to manage 3 properties with different times for these events. Is this possible in the current app?

Re: Multiple locations

Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi, Spikenails . With the latest WEMO App version, your setup isn't possible. The WEMO App could only create a rule for your WEMO devices based on a time of your choosing or based on the Sunrise/Sunset of your area. 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

I have the same problem but on the same property. It's a large property served by two different wireless networks. 3 devices on one network and one on a second network. How do I do this???

Using the WeMo App you don't unless you have a second phone

As long as the two wireless networks are also part of the same LAN (ie they are ethernet connected together) this will work - it's how my home network is set up.

Expert

@Cgrant . I would agree with DougC . Your WEMO App can manage all the WEMO devices in your location provided that the routers and the WEMO devices are within the same network (LAN segment) and the handheld unit can still detect the WEMO devices. 

Regards, 

Ethel_10700

WEMO Technical Support 

I know this is an old thread, but it would seem like the concept of multiple locations and multiple SSIDs would be foundational to a data model for any IoT device like a WeMo.   Has this been fixed?  I have four properties and five different SSIDs that I want to use for WeMo devices.  If WeMo can't do it, I hope a competitor can do it and if not, I'll have to use a different competitor device on eash SSID.

[ Edited ]

AncientGeek

Multiple SSIDs is still not possible with the Wemo App. However, you may write a recommendation about it at WEMO Ideas.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support

Disappointing to read this. I bought this to control multiple houses.