WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Nest thermostat won’t show up in the Wemo app even though my nest account is sync’d

Hi I’m having trouble with my Nest thermostat in the Wemo app the nest works perfectly though it’s own app but when it syncs with my Wemo app it says “your nest account is now connected to Wemo, but it does not contain any thermostats” has anyone come across this before? I’ve tried resetting the nests network settings and deauthorizing and authorising the Wemo app but it keeps on saying the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Al

Re: My Nest thermostat won’t show up in the Wemo app even though my nest account is sync’d

Hi, Al_M,

What is the current version of your Wemo app? For isolation, please try to disable and re-enable remote access on your Wemo app. Also, please try to use a different mobile device to see if that will make any changes.

Jan - 22019
WEMO Technical Support

Re: My Nest thermostat won’t show up in the Wemo app even though my nest account is sync’d

Hi my app version is 1.22

I have disabled and re-enabled remote isolation which fixed it! Until I left the Wi-fi network and used the Wemo app on cellular only to find that none of my switches or nests are working, they show up but then grey out and when you try and switch them on, the nest then disappears. When I reconnect to the Wi-fi the switches all come back online and work as they should, but the app says that the nest has been deauthorized and is no longer present. I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it and then the nest returns and again everything works perfectly over Wi-fi until I leave the house! I have changed my router recently and had problems getting the Wemo’s connected originally but managed to sort that all out. I’ll try on another device later

Hi thanks for replying. I have now tried on another device and it does the same thing although rather than just getting out when you try to switch a Wemo it comes up with a message saying “mobile device can't reach wemo cloud” Hope that gives you something to go on.

Thanks for the update, Al_M

We'll have our Escalation Engineers assist you further. Please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details:

•  Phone Number
  • Community Username
  • Link to this post for reference
Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Just to update, email sent. On the other device (iPhone 7 plus) it doesn’t lose the nest stat when it reconnects to the home Wi-fi. Where as my iPhone 8 does, also there seem to be different features on the iPhone 7 Plus app to mine, for instance you can see who’s allowed remote access on the iPhone 7 Plus but not on the iPhone 8. Also the iPhone 7 Plus also comes up with the warning “check your internet connection and try again in a bit. Your mobile device can’t reach the Wemo cloud.” The iPhone 8 doesn’t. It seems to stop the devices from refreshing and then losing the nest. Hope this helps in some way
Thanks
Highlighted

My Nest Thermostat drops out of my Wemo account

I have been trying to set up a rule  for when my Nest thermostat goes to "away" mode my Wemo Mini Outlet will turn on. I can set up the rule OK, but it seems that Wemo can't find my Nest thermostat. I have autthorized and de-authorized my Nest thermostat in the Wemo app, several times, but the when I go back to look under "Thermostats Visible in Wemo", the Nest thermostat has disappeared. Wemo will authorize the Nest thermostat, but then it gets dropped. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution? Thanks

Re: My Nest Thermostat drops out of my Wemo account

Hello, BL1954. Was it working fine before? Prior to the onset of the challenge, did you receive any error messages or updates? Make sure you’re running the latest version of the Wemo app. Try isolating the issue by using another handheld device and check if it improves anything.

Zane-22248

Wemo Technical Support