WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Neighbor's devices showing up in my app?

Same thing happened to me tonight. After updating the switches I always. Disable remote access and re-enable. Tonight when I re-enabled, and only when I re-enable remote access I see Corey's iPhone and 3 devices called Red, Lamp, and Bat cave. What's interesting is that all my switches are on my Wifi which has an SSID of Batcave2. Something screwy has to be happening here. The three devices are able to be controlled by me, but who knows where they actually are!

@Mbaturin
We'll have these devices removed manually from your Wemo group.

Please send us the following information at WemoCares@belkin.com:
-Contact details
-MAC address of an existing Wemo device
-Name of devices to be removed
-OS version of smart device

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support
Highlighted

hello... New to WEMO as of today.  Installed one outlet then the app... I can see many devices that are not mine and I do have access to them.  

these devices appear, but not controllable, when I am on WiFi connection however when on LTE I can see and control all of them....  

Can this really be possible ?  as I am on LTE connection this mean access is location independant ( not a neighbor's wifi signal)

Belkin, this is really not acceptable.  How is it possible you are not using and validating UUIDs for remote device access?  This is not only a tremendous security risk, it is an egregious invasion of privacy for those whose homes have been violated by unauthorized remote access given to a third party.