WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Neighbor's devices showing up in my app?

Hello, WEMO community, do you think that the devices may all share the same SSID?  I'm wondering if a different SSID may eliminate the erroneous devices?  Just a point to consider for troubleshooting.

Community Manager

Hi James,

The cloud team got back to me last night and said they are still parsing the logs to see what happened.

Regards,

Robert S.
Belkin Technical Support

Hi Robert, I've also been experiencing this issue and would like to figure out how to keep my neighbor's switch from showing up in my device list and vice versa.

I don't think it's actually our neighbors. It's random people who probably live far away from each other, right Robert?

It has been over a month. I still have all these other people's switches I can control and cameras I can monitor. Has anyone looked into this?

Community Manager

HI James,

We are tracking down a couple of leads.  I just got more info on one last night.  I'm going to send you a private message today to gather some more info.  I'll also take care of the back end stuff for you.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

I must say it's very concerning that this has been open for a month and the best info is "we are tracking down a couple of leads". Can you reassure me and the community that your product is secure?

Robert_S wrote:

HI James,

We are tracking down a couple of leads.  I just got more info on one last night.  I'm going to send you a private message today to gather some more info.  I'll also take care of the back end stuff for you.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

You never sent me a private message.

Community Manager

Sorry I have been tracking what people have been saying about the recent release.  I sent something to you.

Regards,

Robert S.
Belkin Technical Support

Just to let everyone know, this issue was never resolved. I responded to every request for private info in a timely manner, but apparently the Wemo team just decided to forget the whole thing.

I still see about two dozen other people's devices in my app, but my app doesn't even work for my own device anymore. I give up. I have a $50 light switch. It's insane to think people would use this company's products for home security. Their software team is absolute garbage. I assume they just sit behind desks all day pretending to be busy, with no accountability. It has to be a management issue.

Way too many issues with Wemo. Do not buy.