WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Neighbor's devices showing up in my app?

I too get weird devices from time to time. "Bedroom" is th most common and I don't have that. I'll have to watch to see if it's only when on cellular cause it's when I'm in the yard so it could be losing wifi

I just posted this to another thread about lights coming on at random:

I have had belkin cameras, motion switches, wemo switches, and a couple of bulbs for over a year and have had multiple rules for each and with 8 or 10 switches at any given time I've never had a problem with them turning on; not once. I too on earth day bought a few more and I have them turning on at all hours of the day or night without reason. The switches still behave and the original bulbs have only came on once without me doing so but the new ones are almost unusable. They crash the app, I can't hardly make rules for them or it crashes when I try to make a rule or is just unresponsive in general. I go into the app, it refreshes, and some bulbs sit and blink bulb unresponsive, or they say they're on and they're not or that they're off and they're really on. Sometimes I have bulbs pop up that aren't mine. I get "bedroom" or some weird label that I've never made. I too have deleted the app, reset every device I have a couple of times, and it hasn't worked. These energy saving bulbs don't save when they burn around the clock. My problem though is that I can't go into the app to toggle them on and back off when they come on. I can turn it on and off all I want but the bulbs don't actually do it even though the app says they turned on or off. I can brighten or dim and half the time they do nothing. I can wait and wait and they won't do anything. I have to force the app closed and reopen and it usually takes refreshing them that way (not just hitting refresh, that does nothing for me typically) for it to start working. Once it does I can adjust them and they're fast and very responsive but after you turn them off and turn your head I've got random bulbs on again. I made one group out of 9 and another from 6 and sometimes I'll have the 6 group all on and sometimes just one or two bulbs. The 9 group usually has the same 3 come on. It's not a midnight thing either. It's not the day change that does it. I feel like I need to make a rule to turn them off every hour just to be sure they're not all on when I leave. I left for a few days and had one rule set with freshly reset bulbs: sunset to sunrise. That set of bulbs burned all day and all night the neighbors said. What's with these bulbs?? Was it just the earth day batch?

Oh this is even better, too. With the last update I can unscrew them and they still show in the app and I can turn it on and it spins like it's thinking then gives confirmation that it's on. I can then adjust brightness or turn it off and it confirms it. THEYRE NOT EVEN PLUGGED IN!! What the crap, guys?! Switches still working flawlessly, original bulbs work perfectly. When I unscrew them or turn the actual switch off the originals disappear from the app until they're seen again. Flawless.

After this thread I wonder if they're coming on from other people turning them on.. And doubtfully neighbors. Probably someone halfway around the world. Thoughts?
Expert

@Dannyselder Hi! Let's get you to one of our support reps and have them assist you. Please PM me your complete contact details (Name, Email, Contact Number, Location) so we can create a case for you. Thanks!

Can the moderators please update the community?

I didn't know about this and just bought 5 wemo light switches.

I've just set up 1 to see how it works.

After I've setup the switch on my Android phone, I ran the wemo app on my wife's phone - and viola - it shows the light switch without any security prompts.  And to make it worse, her phone is able to show permissions to the Remote Access - and the ability to disable my remote access.

therefore my question is - does anyone who have access to my wifi networks - even the the guest networks, are able to just control my devices without my permission?

[ Edited ]

Only people you trust to let onto your main network. Those using your Guest Network will not be able to see your Wemos unless they have already been on your main network and installed the WeMo App while they were connected to it.

I have the same thing.  I see 5 cameras in my app and I own zero.  I had two at one point however I wasn't satisfied with them so I returned them.  I can only assume the people who bought mine are the ones I now have access to.  It is definitely a concern they can't keep this straight.  

Hoping they come up with a fix soon.  I see this thread has been going on for quite a while.

Hi jdeere. Do the cameras appear Online or Offline on your WEMO app? We would like to learn more about what happened. Email us at WEMOCares@belkin.com with your contact details, community username, and the link to this thread.

Zeb_10124
WEMO Technical Support

i just scrolled through 3 pages of this. 

has there ever been an answer or resolution?

i have 2 foriegn devices showing up on my app. 

how do we fix this?

Hi, stovie17. What's the current firmware of your WEMO NetCam? Have you updated the firmware? What about resetting the device and uninstalling the Netcam App in your phone? If you've done these workarounds and still having the same challenge, please email us the details so we can endorse your case to our second level support team for further assistance. Get in touch with us at WEMOCares@belkin.com along with your contact information and the link to this community thread for reference. 

Jay-15354

WEMO Technical Support 

stovie, do you see these extra devices only over remote connection? 3G or non home WiFi?

In my case they did not fix anything but offered to replace my Wemos after I followed usual "reset, reintall" advices.

My guess replacements will work for a while and then same problem will reappear