WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Nest and Wemo

Hi - I have been through the second level support on this issue (wemo not responding to the nest home\away rule)

I was advised by Wemo that since Nest invoked "eco"mode about 18 months ago, Wemo no longer supports this rule and has no plans to.

Both Wemo and Nest still claim on their websites that they will work together when Nest is "away".

If I am incorrect, Wemo support, please correct me. I would really like this rule to work as advertised on the web site and as indicated in the Wemo app itself.

Hi there.... Ive been fighting nest and wemo for 22 months. The rules for me have NEVER worked. I may have come in just as they changed to eco mode. 

Does the status of your nest stuff in the wemo app update and function correctly? Mine do not, they either don't respond to any commands or just don't update to status changes at all (Nest app works fine).

Curious, i get to 1st level wemo support and then things fall apart and then i can never get in touch with 2nd level, and on one has any idea why its not working....  gasp.

[ Edited ]

Hi. Here is my email reply from Belkin.  I have complained to Nest (have not heard back yet) and am considering making a complaint with Industry Canada regarding false advertising. Btw, the change nest made regarding eco mode was one year ago.

Subject: Re: Belkin Technical Support [ ref:_00D306e4T._5003415QuDg:ref ]
Date: September 11, 2018 at 8:08:39 AM CDT
To:

Hello Brad,
I was unable to reach you at Xxx-xxx-xxxx today. I wanted to follow up on the ticket that is open under your name. I understand you are unable to get the Wemo to work with your Nest Home. This can be attributed to the fact that Belkin discontinued the feature after Nest renamed the Auto Away feature with the Eco feature. With this, I would suggest trying IFTTT. It is a free app that allows you to make your devices work together. Check out https://ifttt.com/ to learn more.

Thank you,

Enrique Lagunay II
Sustaining Engineer
Belkin International
O +1 267 350 9829

That engineer is misinformed. My Nest is currently in my WeMo app right now (in fact, I actually prefer controlling it with the WeMo app over the native Nest one) and it shows an Eco mode option.
Highlighted

What the engineer is referring to is the inability of the wemo dimmer to turn on when the nest switches from eco to home mode, which is one of its highly touted product claims

Btw, yes, I can control my nest using the wemo app, no problem,  iOS oh iPhone, firmware on wemo and iOS app all up to date.

Hard to to compare apples to apples unless we are comparing all of the above :-)