WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nest home/away assist not working with light switch rule?

[ Edited ]

I just got a nest light switch and set a rule to turn on when Nest changes from away to home mode at any time of day. (I assume that means change in the app).

It was not working and I contacted chat support and was told that Nest changed their away mode and it no longer functions in the wemo correctly. However I see people have it working.

Remote access is enabled, the switch works if I use the app to turn the light on and off, nest is linked and i can control the thermostat through the wemo app.

I've updated the firmware to the latest, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, recreated the rule.

Firmware: wemo_ww_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-LS

So does anyone else have this working? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Nest home/away assist not working with light switch rule?

Anyone? Otherwise I'm returning this as its useless to me

Having a similar problem but with the mini and Nest Away being ignore. I'm getting the feeling none of the Nest-based rules are working.

I got IFTTT working with the nest away assist, it turns on my lights but the 20 minute delay completely ruins the idea of coming home into a lit house. 

However this DOES Prove that it can work, wemo just either sucked at supporting my question or needs to update their software. I am going to try their support email again.

Hi, mistermog and Oo0Bailey0oO. If you're still having issues with the rules working for your Nest and WEMO devices, please send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com so we can have our Support Team assist you. Please also include providing us your full name, phone number, location, community username, and the link to this post for reference.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

Hello,
I’ve purchased 4 WeMo mini switches and none seem to work in the Nest Home/Away rule.
Did anyone get any help from WeMo tech support on how to get it working?

We'll check on this, SSiddiqui. What workarounds have you done so far? Were you able to follow these steps in creating the Home/Away Rule? Was this working fine before or did this happen just recently?

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I just wanted to say I've called 3 times and emailed Wemo support about this. I keep getting someone who has no idea what to do and just reads from a script. I've disabled and re-enabled, removed and re-created, uninstalled and reinstalled the app many times. This does not work regardless of what your internet says.

I was supposed to have a level 2 tech call me but he always called while i am at work. I called 4 times and left him a message and emailed him and called the support to get SOMEONE to call me during the times i have available, (basically weekends) and no one has ever called back.

Now I am well outside my return period for this light switch and think that Wemo should refund my purchase price becuase this is a piece of junk that does not work with nest eco mode. period.

Nest away mode... not eco.
Highlighted

I started to have similar issues about one week ago.

The fix for me, in Wemo mobile phone app:

1. click three dots in the bottom-righthand corner for "More"
  2. click "connect to Nest"
  3. click "Deauthorize Account" -- note: this action will delete existing Nest-related rules
  4. quit app completely 
  5. restart Wemo app
  6. click three dots in the bottom-righthand corner for "More"
  7. click "connect to Nest"
  8. enter Nest credentials
  9. re-create home/away Nest-related rules
  10. fixed!

By going into the Nest mobile app, I tested the functionality by forcing Nest app into Away/Home mode a few times. I'm good to go!

Good luck!