WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Nest home/away assist not working with light switch rule?

[ Edited ]

I just got a nest light switch and set a rule to turn on when Nest changes from away to home mode at any time of day. (I assume that means change in the app).

It was not working and I contacted chat support and was told that Nest changed their away mode and it no longer functions in the wemo correctly. However I see people have it working.

Remote access is enabled, the switch works if I use the app to turn the light on and off, nest is linked and i can control the thermostat through the wemo app.

I've updated the firmware to the latest, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, recreated the rule.

Firmware: wemo_ww_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-LS

So does anyone else have this working? Am I doing something wrong?

Re: Nest home/away assist not working with light switch rule?

Anyone? Otherwise I'm returning this as its useless to me

Having a similar problem but with the mini and Nest Away being ignore. I'm getting the feeling none of the Nest-based rules are working.

I got IFTTT working with the nest away assist, it turns on my lights but the 20 minute delay completely ruins the idea of coming home into a lit house. 

However this DOES Prove that it can work, wemo just either sucked at supporting my question or needs to update their software. I am going to try their support email again.