WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Nest home/away assist not working with light switch rule?

I fully agree with above instructions. Only thing I would add is between step 4 and step 5 is to clear wemo data cache via the system menus.

Hi

I have two new wemo dimmers, both with latest firmware, will not respond to the nest rule - i am using iphones with the latest IOS.  

I have tried all the suggstions in this thread with the exception of deleting the cache - that seems to be an option only available in android.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks

Update

Despite the claims from Belkin https://www.belkin.com/us/resource-center/wemo/works-with-nest/ the wemo will not turn on and off with the nest auto away.

I contacted Belkin tech support - the following is a reply from one of their Engineers.

"I wanted to follow up on the ticket that is open under your name. I understand you are unable to get the Wemo to work with your Nest Home. This can be attributed to the fact that Belkin discontinued the feature after Nest renamed the Auto Away feature with the Eco feature"

Here is the Nest web site, from almost two years ago, where Nest advised their developers of the changes to they could make changes to their products.

Belkin has no plans to fix this, but continues to make false claims on their web site.

Other than that, the wemo dimmers work as advertised.

Here is my reply from Wemo “cares”. I have made a complaint with Nest and am ready to pursue a complaint with Industry Canada regarding false advertising

Subject: Re: Belkin Technical Support [ ref:_00D306e4T._5003415QuDg:ref ]
Date: September 11, 2018 at 8:08:39 AM CDT
To:

Hello Brad,
I was unable to reach you at Xxx-xxxxxxxx today. I wanted to follow up on the ticket that is open under your name. I understand you are unable to get the Wemo to work with your Nest Home. This can be attributed to the fact that Belkin discontinued the feature after Nest renamed the Auto Away feature with the Eco feature. With this, I would suggest trying IFTTT. It is a free app that allows you to make your devices work together. Check out https://ifttt.com/ to learn more.

Thank you,

Enrique Lagunay II
Sustaining Engineer
Belkin International
O +1 267 350 9829