09-25-2014 06:11 AM
Wow, that is one tenacious app... do all that AND uninstall?
All this advice about changing the wifi channels seems a bit strange. Wemo's HATE when the router changes the WIFI channel dynamically, but the channel itself shouldn't matter. Usually the inability to find the wemo's is the router blocking uPNP packets or the app not seeing them. Solson did say the wemo's were connected to the router so I'd suspect something like that.
Is it possible the wemo's aren't enabled for remote access so not connected to the belkin server? And the belkin app doesn't think it's local because of the new router (perhaps blocked uPNP) so is only looking for them on the belkin server (where they are not)? If so, an uninstall of the app would be in order. I'd suggest the switches would need to be reset and reconfigured again using the new app instance to make sure the remote access works too. But I'm certainly no expert on this app.
@Solson, if the wemo's show up on your router status you can check to see if they're working separate from the belkin app/server (which does have a few issues). I've got a free application that runs in java (so on any PC, linux, mac, etc) that you can use to find and test the switches. That would help narrow it down whether it's the router/wemo's or the belkin app/server. You can download my server from here: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/downloads/wemoserver-java.
09-25-2014 10:41 AM
It could be that the new router has wireless isolation enabled which would keep the WeMo's from communicating with each other.
09-26-2014 11:50 AM
Well, I could not find a Wireless Isolation setting in my new router. So, I gave up, plugged my old router back in, and turned it into a Wireless Access Point. Everything works as designed, now. Except I have two WiFi routers in my house, now... Oh, well...
09-26-2014 02:18 PM
I have 2 homes that I wanted to use these switches at and control them with one ipad. I have 4 switches in all. I setup my wireless networks with the same name and password at both locations. (Just to make it easy on me.) I set up all the at the 1st home, and all seemed to go well. The app could see them and turn them on and off. I brought them to the 2nd home thinking I would just have to plug them into the wall. When I did that the wemo app would not recongize them at all. I tried to reset a few of the switches. I did reset them correctly. The resetting seemed to work, but with no luck seeing them in the WeMO app. I guessed it may be a routine issue. So I came home updated my router at the first house and brought the old router from 1st home to the 2nd home. While at the 1st home I went to a local coffee shop and was able to turn my light on and off from there..
Then I come up to the 2nd home and swapped the router. After this the wemo app still did not find the switch at home. I plugged in another switch and that switch showed up and worked fine, no additional set up required. (Though all I can do to test remote access is to use the guest network.. and that works for the switch in the 2nd home. I have yet to go into town and try.)
So I'm not sure what is going on. I read something in the support materials that implied that the wemo app may have trouble finding switches if all the switches are not on the same network. It sounded like they planned to fix this at some point. Has anyone else had trouble with this? Now that I am in this state, what to I need to do to reset my wemo app. Even after deleting it and reinstalling it, it seems to remember my switches. It finds the live one on the local network, but there are two others that it can't find that it adds to the list as disconnected. So its leaving some data on the ipad when I delete it.
10-11-2014 10:42 AM
Well, the frustration of having 2 routers got to me, and I removed my original router. I got the WeMoSwitches conected to the new modem/router, again. They are working the same a when I originally started this thread. I did discover, however, that I do have outside access to the switches. If I turn the WiFi off onmy phone, I can connect to the switches via 4G. However, this means that none of the other devices can access them,if they aren't able to set up remote connections...Help!?!
10-11-2014 10:47 AM - edited 10-11-2014 10:47 AM
All your mobiles should be able to access the WeMo's if they are connected to the same SSID as the WeMo's.
10-12-2014 11:12 AM
I am seeing this issue now too. Outside the network I can see all the WeMo's and control them...inside it's a different story. The app can only see 10 of my 16 switches.
Mike, I ran your app and it's the same...only 10 show up.
It is a Belkin (Linksys) router (WRT1900AC)
I'm going to try a few things as I have two Netgear extenders running as well. Maybe some channel changes due to interference.
10-13-2014 04:36 AM
The way this situation goes, the last resort we can do is to update the firmware of the WeMo and then reset and reconfigure it. Might as well remove and reinstall the WeMo app. Lastly, adjust the wireless channel of your router to 6.
10-13-2014 09:39 AM
Hi Ian - if the devices can't be found with the "Finding Wemo" search then definitely they're not reachable on the internal network. OTOH if they are available remotely then they must certainly be connected...
The basic uPNP search often will not work across different network segments and at least last time I checked the Belkin app only uses that basic search - which, depending on how your routers and any WAPs are configured means local devices will look remote to it.