10-16-2014 09:37 AM
Thanks Mike. I've tried with uPNP on and off, signal all good, all switches on the same router, no device isolation, different channels and channel width.
Still no luck. I've updated to the new .7166 firmware that has reported "bug fixes". We'll see how that goes.
But it's weird that the app works perfectly when remote, but not on the home network. One time it will work and find the devices, the next it will grey them all out....frustrating!
AND I'm using a Belkin router...
10-17-2014 07:08 AM
@IanH, are some of your WeMo switches connected to your wireless extenders? Are the extenders using the same WiFi name as your router? Try to check which switches are not detected locally. There's a possibility that those switches are the ones near the extenders.
10-20-2014 03:39 PM - edited 10-20-2014 03:39 PM
All switches are connected to my main router. Both my extenders are a different SSID.
It seems to be stable for now on .7166...
10-20-2014 06:12 PM - edited 10-20-2014 06:15 PM
Scratch that....lost another device.
Greyed out then disappeared, but can access remotely.Getting ready to pull all my Wemos... Why can't belkin build an app like Nest?
11-11-2014 09:28 AM
If you set your router and extender SSID's to the same name, encryption, and passphrase, all of the devices will show up in the app after you connect them intially. You would need to restore the devices that are connected to the old SSID name.
There is no need for different SSID's. The devices will connect the best signal.
12-20-2014 12:42 PM
04-26-2015 11:15 AM
I had the same issue basically. 2 switches working for a year, then added controller and two LED bulbs - still working fine. However, my router went bad and when I replaced it with an Asus dual band. I made my SSID and passwords them same then lost all of my switches. After hours and hours on tech support, lots of hard resets, confirmation of using the 2.4 band only, and app reinstalls - I get nothing. It always just looks for the devices. Like others here, I am able to finish the set up process and see the Wemo devices MAC address on my router can not detect them on the app. I had never tried to do it remotely but I did after reading this thread and they are there. Got a notification that the firmware needed updating so I am doing that now.
I think this is a router config issue on my end but can't seem to figure out how to solve the issue. Any tips? Thanks for the help - already farther along here than I got with tech support!
04-27-2015 05:19 AM
Were you able to upgrade the firmware successfully? Restart the app after the firmware update to refresh the settings. Try adjusting the wireless settings of the router too. Most recommended channels are 6, 9, 11, and 1.
05-03-2015 10:56 AM
Not yet - the update started and then hung up. I am trying to figure out why this new router refuses to let me see switches on the app. May ask for some more help after I experiment with it for a bit.
05-03-2015 05:28 PM - edited 05-03-2015 05:29 PM
We have been using five Wemo switches for over a year, with only minor issues (switches being unavailable for a few minutes on the app, daylight savings time creating several annoying issues).
When we first started out, we had Comcast Home Service for our ISP. A few months ago we changed ISPs to Century Link, no problem after making that change.
However, this last week we changed to Comcast's Business Service, as we need much higher speeds to support my wife's work. Ever since changing over to Comcast Business, we have been experiencing conditions extremely close to what is described in this thread, with a few differences.
We can't see the switches when away from our home network (on cellular), and, of course, we certainly can't see them when on our wifi.
We have no idea how we can update the firmware when we can't get the app to identify and load the switches...seems like a catch 22.
Also, we can't get the switches to fully reset. We have pushed both buttons on the switch in various combinations for various lengths of time and have even disconnected one for several days hoping it would reset. However, each time we go through the setup process, it still remembers the switches' name. Additionally, all of the previous on/off switch rules are all still operating as they were before all of this happened, but now we have no way to change them or stop them from turning the switches on/off.
We have attempted all of the suggested router setting changes suggested on this thread, and then some, with absolutely no luck. All of our other wifi home automation devices are not giving us any trouble since the ISP change, only our Wemo products.
We did just send a rather pointed email to their tech support, but we have little faith based on our previous experience with trying to correct the daylight savings time issues.
We could really use the assistance of this forum!