WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: No firmware update available?

Same problem
I have two, one installed and updated with no problem. A week later I bought one more, and when I try to update the firmware it tells me “nope, nothing new today”.
But on the app it says that it needs a firmware update.

Hi, Boeing. Have you tried the recommendations found on the previous page of this thread?

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support

Still no resolve or contact by the escalation team

Hello,
Yes, I tried everything. It must be an app issue or a software problem. Is there an update for the app coming soon?
Highlighted

@Doenob

Our Mailers replied to your email. Please check your inbox and provide the details asked for documentation, and endorsement to our Support Team.

@Boeing

We have no word of a rollout for a new firmware for the device. Please know that the release was conducted by batch. You may try observing this for a couple of days. If you still have not received any notification, send us an email at WemoCares@belkin.com along with the following details asked by Reil_C on the 2nd page of this thread so we can have our Support Team assist you further.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

This has been fixed firmware update came through today

Mine did too! I think they had enough complaints to finally fix it.👍🏼

Mine prompted me this morning to update as well.  Issue resolved for me.

I had this issue and I was beyond annoyed. The solution to this issue seems to be: Wait. After about a day, I went back into the Firmware update page on the Wemo app, and the Firmware was available to update to. My assumption is that despite location, WiFi network strength, or internet speed, it simply takes an extended period of time for the device to download the Firmware due to the presumably weak network capacity these devices have. The true problem though, is that Wemo developers do not have a warning on that page about waiting up to 24hrs to see if the Firmware becomes available.

Wemo developers should do something about this, but I’m highly confident they won’t, because it shouldn’t be a problem to begin with, and if they haven’t fixed it by now...

@WeMoCritique

Hello there. We’re you prompted with a firmware update but is unable to do it? What’s the model number of the Wemo device, and the current version of its firmware? BTW, please know that our Engineering team is already currently looking into this and working on a fix.

Rowena_B 22017

WEMO Technical Support