WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: No firmware update available?

@rowena_b No, I was not promoted to update to a new firmware except when I attempted to connect to HomeKit because it required the latest firmware, but even when checking to see if a new firmware was available (which I knew there was because HomeKit was unavailable), it stated there was nothing new. After about 24hrs I checked again and the update was available.

Please add this request to the necessary channel: the LED indicator light on the WeMo Mini Smart Plug (or any other WeMo devices that have one), should absolutely have an option to be turned off, because you never want any device to have any constant ambient light when it can be used in areas where a human being might sleep. It baffles me that people create devices that have indicator lights that cannot be shut off. Example of why this light is poor design: a common usage of a WeMo plug would be the controlling of a fan. People use fans often when they sleep. You do not want a light on, producing distracting, annoying light when you are attempting to get to sleep. Thanks

Hi, everyone. Thanks for letting us know about the setbacks you are experiencing. Our Engineers already deployed a fix for the issue in updating the firmware of the Wemo Mini Smart Plug for the HomeKit compatibility. For those who are yet to receive the update, please try checking for updates at least once a day.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted

Hi, WeMoCritique. We appreciate the feedback regarding the LED indicator of the Wemo Mini Smart Plug. We recommend posting it on the Wemo Ideas board so that our Product Management team may see it.

Reil – 22071
Wemo Technical Support