WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

No firmware update available?

I purchased 3 Wemo mini Smart Plugs and the two that I opened do not show the firmware update that is needed to connect to apple homekit, the hardware says the firmware needs to be updated yet firmware update says “nothing new today” I called support but to no avail. If anyone has an answer or a fix I would appreciate it. ( I’ve already deleted and re downloaded app, enabled and disabled the remote access, I’ve updated the software on my iPhone and deleted and reset the Wemo device)

Re: No firmware update available?

I do not have an answer for you. I am having the exact same issue.

@Doenob wrote:
I purchased 3 Wemo mini Smart Plugs and the two that I opened do not show the firmware update that is needed to connect to apple homekit, the hardware says the firmware needs to be updated yet firmware update says “nothing new today” I called support but to no avail. If anyone has an answer or a fix I would appreciate it. ( I’ve already deleted and re downloaded app, enabled and disabled the remote access, I’ve updated the software on my iPhone and deleted and reset the Wemo device)

Hi there, Doenob. As we've checked your record using your email address, it appears that you were able to talk to one of our representatives. BTW, may we know what's the current firmware version installed on the Wemo devices you have? Are all 3 of them not able to update the firmware? Please make sure to setup the Wemo device on the app first, and make sure it is working properly. 

BTW, have you checked the Wemo device's hardware version? Please check if haven't. You may check this link for reference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

@legobuff wrote:

I do not have an answer for you. I am having the exact same issue.

Hello there, legobuff. Are you also having challenges on updating your Wemo devices firmware version? Please tell us more details so we can have an overview. For isolation, make sure that the Wemo device is already set up and working. You may also uninstall and reinstall the app, or even use a different handheld device to check if it'll make any difference. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support

WeMo_WW_2.00.10971.PVT-OWRT-SNSV2

V2

And yes all 3 devices say "nope,nothing new today" and also yes they work correctly with the app and set up properly, just can't update firmware So I can connect to homekit

@Doenob

Have you tried setting it as an accessory on the Apple HomeKit App? Check this link and follow the step to add it as an accessory. You may also refer to this article on how to resolve firmware update errors.

Jo-Ann - 21744
WEMO Technical Support

I am having this exact same issue. I just purchased a gen 1 mini smart plug and the firmware will not update. I've tried doing a factory reset of the plug, deleting and reinstalling the iOS app, and it still says "nope nothing new today" when I try to update the firmware.

The firmware version I have is 2.00.10971

Yes I have but to no avail because it doesn't have a code to enter