WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Not able to save rule on Android

Same problem.  Won't let me save save new rule name.   All other 'fixes" attemped.

Samsung S6-Active, Android 6.0.1; Kernel3.10.6.1-8347181

Wemo App 1.16

Switches Firmware Current

Can recognize all switches, can control switches on/off from phone app.   Successfully created one rule with custom name.  Can add "Away mode", and one more "New Timer Rule".  But cannot change/save new rule names.   Therefore cannot create any more rules with same default name of "New Timer Rule".

Also, when attempting to change the rule name, Android keypad is not displayed until you touch the New Timer Rule name field.

So, Belkin, WHAT is your solution?

Muzzley here I come...

[ Edited ]

Goldens wrote:

Same problem.  Won't let me save save new rule name.   All other 'fixes" attemped.

Samsung S6-Active, Android 6.0.1; Kernel3.10.6.1-8347181

Wemo App 1.16

Switches Firmware Current

Can recognize all switches, can control switches on/off from phone app.   Successfully created one rule with custom name.  Can add "Away mode", and one more "New Timer Rule".  But cannot change/save new rule names.   Therefore cannot create any more rules with same default name of "New Timer Rule".

Also, when attempting to change the rule name, Android keypad is not displayed until you touch the New Timer Rule name field.

So, Belkin, WHAT is your solution?

Muzzley here I come...

So you are trying to save 2 rules with same "New Timer Rule" name?

I just registered, but I have had the same problem since getting these devices three months ago. Tried all above, contacted Belkin support. Posted on outside forums. They all say the same thing!

Fix the dang PROBLEM!

[ Edited ]

Same issue here. it's issues like this that caused me to leave wemo for Smartthings. Good thing is i can still use my wemos with Smartthings.

Highlighted
Community Manager

[ Edited ]

Hope I read this right.

So you can have 2 rules with the same name.  You can't have overlapping times though.  One will cancel out or give you an error.

You should be able to save a large amount of rules on the Wemo, and it looked like you said 3 rules so that shouldn't be a problem.

What I think is confusing the support group is what you are describing because its not something we normally see reported over phone/email.  When you create a rule the app pushes it over UPnP while on the local network.  If that message doesn't get there it wouldn't save, or if the message gets there but the response doesn't get back it wont save.  We have been running into issues with some router manufacturers blocking UPnP on local networks and have been trying to find ways to improve upon the implementation of this.

Now, that being said lets get some info and then what I can do is check what kind of issues we are seeing come in.  Right now all I have seen is people calling in to get walked through setup.  Home automation seems to be really popular this year.

1) Are you having trouble creating a certain type of rule?  Lets say you can keep creating timer rules but away mode or something wont save?

2) Are the rules overlapping in time?

3) Have you tried it with another phone or tablet (yeah this sounds silly but i've been on enough support calls that this does make a big difference)

4) Are you trying to make this While on a Local Wi-Fi or remote connection?

4a) Have you tried creating it while connected the other way?

There are some times where the Wemo will have trouble communicating with the App on local wi-fi but if you switch to a remote connection it works since it is a different communication protocol.

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Just set up my Wemo light outlets and having the same issues with rules.  If I try to save a rule with a new name or edit it and try to change the name the app just spins.  I have to go into to applications and force stop.  There should be a way to stop within the app itself.

So I can create as many rules as I want using the same name?   Want to set up for being away...so as many named Away Mode as I need?

But times on a given day cannot overlap?  Is this correct?  If so it kind of defeats the purpose of trying to emulate being at home.  For instance...Monday I want to turn on light #1 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM so that would be 1 rule.  But I also want to turn on light #2 from 7:15 PM to 9:20 PM as it might be in a different room.  Is this not possible?

Thanks.

[ Edited ]

The android app definitely has issues.  

I'm using version 1.16 of the app, connected to the local network (doesn't make a difference as far as the problems), and my WEMO's are version WeMo_WW_2.00/10885.PVT-OWRT-InsightV2.  My android device is a Galaxy S7.

I was able to add four timers all the same name (first screen shot).    This is for controlling two WEMO Insights (at the same time).   It took some work (not sure what eventually worked to get them added).   Controlling the devices works fine and the timers work fine.

If I try to Edit and change the name of the rule to something like "Away Mode 01" when I try and save it it gives me the infinte spinning gray circle as shown in the second screen shot.  Why it would let you do everything but change the name says it's an app issue to me.   Edit.  And if I try and change the name of the rule from the beginning when the rule is added I also get the infinite spinning gray circle.

Then, if I try to edit one of the rules so that only one timer comes on instead of both it gives me the error in the third screen shot.   This again makes no sense.   

Hopefully somebody can admit that the software has problems and correct the software, as I just purchased four of these devices.

four away.jpg

try to change name.jpg

duplicate.jpg

Same issue. Cannot rename a rule. When trying to change name of rule from "New Timer Rule" to "Back Patio" (or any other name I tried), it won't save. Just continues in an endless loop never saving and freezing app.

Also, issue persists whether on local wifi connection or remote connection.

Hi there,

Gonçalo from Muzzley support team here!

We are very glad you chose to be one of our users!

Please let us know if you have any questions, issues to report, or suggestions by sending an email to support@muzzley.com.

Your feedback is really important to us.

Have a great day and happy new year!

Cheers,

Gonçalo