WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Not able to save rule on Android

I can save rule but not new name.

I'd like to lend a small insight to this issue, which by the way I'm also experiencing (Android 5.0.2 and 6.0.1 on another device).

From my android phone I get all the previously reported symptoms, only 'New Timer Rule' name possible. From my tablet on Android 6.0.1 rule creation/editing is freezing or quiting when custom name used. Post creation editing of name not being saved either.

However, it is possible to create the default named rule on Android and rename it on an iOS device (this app isn't without its bugs either, but that's for another post). This leads me to conclude that there is some issue with an UPDATE command on the name field in the database storing the rules.

Any chance the Android devs could check this?

Thanks.

I have changed a switch from Christmas tree to Bedroom and in doing so setup a new set of rules. I try to rename the rule "Bedroom On" for the on time and "Bedroom Off" for the off time and the app just hangs there no matter what I do and will not allow a new name for either rule.  Have reinstalled the app, reset the switch and still nothing. Any ideas?

I made a video of the issue happening.  Hopefully it helps support, but I'm not holding my breath since it looks like this has been an issue for a year.  Quoting Trump: "SAD"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdPjHYFGI2I

Highlighted
Community Manager

bryanmepstein wrote:

I have changed a switch from Christmas tree to Bedroom and in doing so setup a new set of rules. I try to rename the rule "Bedroom On" for the on time and "Bedroom Off" for the off time and the app just hangs there no matter what I do and will not allow a new name for either rule.  Have reinstalled the app, reset the switch and still nothing. Any ideas?

There seems to be some weird bug that doesn't affect everyone.  I had reports of it, couldn't replicate it on any of my devices.  Our QA team was able to replicate it a week ago on one of their devices.  This didn't appear in our normal testing.  Anyhow they found what was causing it and put in a fix in the next app release for Android.

Its scheduled to be out this month, I just haven't been given an exact date.  So the issue of not being able to save a rule with a custom name will be fixed.  

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Anyone still following this thread, the latest update (Version 1.17) fixed this for me.  Update your apps and good luck!

Robert_S wrote:

bryanmepstein wrote:

There seems to be some weird bug that doesn't affect everyone.  I had reports of it, couldn't replicate it on any of my devices.  Our QA team was able to replicate it a week ago on one of their devices.  This didn't appear in our normal testing.  Anyhow they found what was causing it and put in a fix in the next app release for Android.

Its scheduled to be out this month, I just haven't been given an exact date.  So the issue of not being able to save a rule with a custom name will be fixed.  

Regards,

Robert S.

Wemo Support

Thanks Robert for Feedback!

Thanks Robert. That's more information than I could get then directly from support as I've received nothing but a run around for 2 weeks now. Much appreciated.

Have had 1.17 for some time now and it didn't fix a thing for me.

After a power outage I lost all connection and had to factory reset - reinstalled App version 1.18.1(123) and managed to get control of the lights again via the app - but when trying to reestablis the rules it lets me go through the entire process and when you "save" at the end it infoms that "Rule can not be saved."  This issue seems to have been around for years but still plagues some users - and the solution was to uprade to ver 1.17 - which is sadly now the OLD version.  Firmware updates fail also - this is temperamental gear!