WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Not able to save rule on Android

[ Edited ]

I just bought the starter pack with 2 bulbs

S6 edge 5.1.1 cannot save rules , just get the continious circle (1.14)

Same with my wifes G3 running lollipop too , same thing  (1.14).. grey circle  , all a bit of a bad experience really 

what saved the day was my old ipad2 , straight into the app .. rules created & saved straight away 

Whether these rules work is something i'l find out when the sun goes down tonight

Hi, o0timbo0o. Let's get this sorted out. Did you encounter any error message upon saving the rules? Were you able to control the bulbs remotely? Base on how you described the situation, it looks like the issue that you're having is with your Android handheld devices. We recommend that you force close the app, uninstall/reinstall then reboot your mobile device. Once done, try to create the rules again.

Let us know if the rules created and saved in your iPad 2 works. We'll wait for your update.

Dennis - 20702
WEMO Technical Support

For the record I've done all that on all 3 of my different android devices and they all behave the same way.

I can control wemo devices just fine, just cannot save rules.

It appears that you are discussing this challenge with the Support team. You may continue to send them updates through email so they can look further into this.

Irish_16855
WEMO Technical Support

This problem has been reported more times than I can count for over a year.  Belkin WeMo support staff don't appear to be serious about correcting this fault in their application.  I have given up on waiting for a fix and have instead been using an app found at Muzzley.com also available for free at play store.  It is 1000% better than the WeMo app and has many additional features and device support. 

Same problem for a long time... Galaxy Note 5...  All updated apps and firmware as of 6/27/16.  I just downloaded the Muzzely app and it works great.  I don't know why Wemo and Belkin can't get this figured out...  I'm glad that I discovered this new app, but it blows my mind that Belkin can't seem to see or fix the problem.

I'm using Android 6.01 and I am unable to save my rules in WeMo app.. I tried clearing app cache and data and then reinstalling app and it made no effect. What should I do?

@pad780
Were you able to save the rules before on your Android device? Send us an email us at WemoCares@belkin.com so that we can have one of our technicians check this out.

Thaddeus - 14850
WEMO Technical Support

I have also been through all the steps discussed here on multiple Android devices with one WeMo switch. Resetting the switch, updating the firmware, reinstalling the app... None of it has worked for months. Due to this I have started buying another brand of switches now, but will try the Muzzley app mentioned here.
Expert

Hi, Hfunball. Just update us if you need further assistance. We can have our Tech Support  Team call you to help you sort this out.

Rique - 22312
Wemo Technical Support