WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Not able to save rule on Android

any update on this? I'm still having groups on 1.18 and all the newest firmware. Tried these fixes, reset switches to factory defaults, unstalled wemo, cleared cache, etc.

Nope, no update, not even a comment. As far as I can tell the entire product line has been abandoned.

I'm in same boat - rules won't save any more. WTF WEMO?

I'm having the same problem.  I've tried it on three different Android devices.  The latest is even running Oreo.

I have successfully saved rules before, and have one that is successfully running on a schedule, but I don't see it in the app and I can't create any new rules.

Help?

Hi, bludgrumber! Let's sort this out, what is the model number of the unit that you trying to save the rules? Have you tried to force close the app and run it again? If the setback still occurs, please email us at WemoCares@belkin.com along with your contact details, community username, and the link to this community thread for reference and we can have our Escalation Engineers assist you further.

Carl_S 21985
WEMO Technical Support

[ Edited ]

Similar error here on my wemo insight switch, but I get an error message from the app: 'Having trouble saving this rule now. Please make sure your devices are connected.'

I've tried resetting the switch to factory settings using the app, then setting it up again as a new device, but am still getting the same error.

My primary method of control is via my Amazon Echo, but as the socket has a touch lamp plugged in to it, I want the switch to turn back on at a certain time.

I've installed Muzzley, and that works fine to turn the socket back on using a schedule.

Add me to the list of people who can't save rules on an Android device. Seeing that this thread has been going on for YEARS now and that the only workaround which seems to be effective is to use an Apple device, I'd have to say that the Android app is the problem. When is it going to be fixed?

I've tried app version 1.18 (102) and 1.19.1 (133). Hardware version WeMo_WW_2.00.10966.PVT-OWRT-LS (I have other devices and they don't work either). I tested on Nexus 7 (Android 6.0.1), Pixel and Pixel 2 XL (8.1.0). Yes, I've done all the resets, restarts, firmware upgrades, etc. as has everyone else on this thread -- that isn't it.