WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Offset timer for wemo plug

Hello I want to set a one-time offset timer for a wemo plug, i.e. a timer that would come on at some future time, say 1:00 AM, and then turn off some period of time later, say 7 AM. I eventually want to include a call from an Amazon Alexa routine which I will lable 'cook oatmeal'. I don't want to do this every day, so the schedule is not helpful, I just want to decide before going to bed whether I want oatmeal, and then call the skill to activate the plug so it will be ready for me when I wake up. I can't seem to find anything anywhere in wemote help to tell me if this is possible. It would be great if it was available as a feature though.
Expert

Re: Offset timer for wemo plug

Hello SileO,

This feature is not available on the Wemo app as of now. You may have to create a schedule for that but as you mentioned, you're not gonna do that on a regular basis. No worries, we will take note of your request and share it with the team. 

Reynaldo - 22029
Wemo Technical Support
Highlighted
WEMO Maker Inventor

Re: Offset timer for wemo plug

Use the alexa routine "cook oatmeal" to create a calendar alarm (probably easist in google calendar) using IFTTT.

Then in IFTTT use the calendar alarm to trigger the wemo action to cook your oatmeal.

Mike
Reliable and secure (Belkin cloud-free) home automation and remote access:
AutomationManager/HomeBridge/WemoLEDs/WemoHome/MoreInfo