WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
TCP

One rule override another rule.

I am using a Wemo mini plug to power my water heater circulating pump. I would like to set a rule for home (it comes on) and away (it turns off). However, while home I don't want it running all night and would like to set a timer to come on at 6:00 am and turn off at 8:00 pm. Basically, the timer would be considered the primary rule and the home/away would be the secondary rule. Can this be accomplished?

Re: One rule override another rule.

@TCP wrote:

I am using a Wemo mini plug to power my water heater circulating pump. I would like to set a rule for home (it comes on) and away (it turns off). However, while home I don't want it running all night and would like to set a timer to come on at 6:00 am and turn off at 8:00 pm. Basically, the timer would be considered the primary rule and the home/away would be the secondary rule. Can this be accomplished?

Hi, TCP. Just to clarify, do you mean to say that you want to create an auto-off timer rule that will override with the current rule? If so, as soon as you turn it off manually, it will override the rule. 

Nestor - 21974
WEMO Technical Support
TCP

Thanks for the response Nestor. My hope would be to do it automatically...otherwise a standard timer with an on/off switch would work. In an automated manner it would turn off when away, on when home and turn off all night.

TCP

Actually, the home/away rule would not be possible as the Wemo App doesn't have Geo Location. We suggest you try the IFTTT. At the same time, you can create a schedule rule from 6:00 am to 8:00 pm in the Wemo App.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
TCP

Thanks Pamela...shame on me for not giving all the info. I can connect my Wemo to my nest for the home/away status but would like to have it off all night long via the timer.

TCP

Not a problem. In my understanding, you want to run the nest home/away rule the whole day and automatically turn off at a given period of time, right? If so, you can actually turn off the "All day" button and it will give you the option to select when to start and stop sensing. Check out this link.

Pamela - 21733
WEMO Technical Support
TCP

Thanks Pamela...I'll try it this weekend and let you know how it works out!