WEMO Application

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Pausing of WeMo Light Switch firmware release for firmware version 2.00.7166

On 10/22/2014 we paused the firmware update for the WeMo Light Switch.  The version on pause is 2.00.7166.

After uses began to upgrade their WeMo's to version 7166 we noticed an issue with the WeMo Cloud Server  .  We analyzed the data and found that the WeMo Light Switch firmware version 7166 was having an issue between it and WeMo Cloud Server when a specific set of circumstances was met.  We paused the firmware update for the WeMo Light Switch only while the issue is fixed.  

For users who have already upgraded their Light Switches we will not be rolling you back on the firmware.  The issue we found is on the back end operations between the Cloud Server and the Light Switch.  All functionality will still work fine and you should not see any effect on your Light Switches.

If you have not updated your Light Switch to 7166 yet we will be restarting the 6395 firmware so that you can upgrade to that version if you are not already running it.

Again only the WeMo Light Switch is affected by this issue.  All of your other WeMo's will continue to work fine and can upgrade to the 7166 firmware if they have not already.  Once the issue is fixed we will continue the firmware release for the Light Switch.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Community Manager

Re: Pausing of WeMo Light Switch firmware release for firmware version 2.00.7166

Hello Everyone,

I want to provide a quick update.  External testing (not in our labs) of the new bulb firmware is going on at the moment.  I'm pushing for a quick release to everyone.  So far everything looks good.  I will update this thread when the release is ready.

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support

Community Manager

Re: Pausing of WeMo Light Switch firmware release for firmware version 2.00.7166

[ Edited ]

Hello Everyone,

A new Light Switch firmware will be released this evening.  If you have already updated your Light Switch to at least version 3949 then you will be prompted to update to the newest version 7398. 

Regards,

Robert S.

Belkin Technical Support